Hi From Walton-on-Thames

Hello all. Who knew the hyphens were so important :slight_smile:

So I’m a bit late to the party, with all the laws coming in, it’s going to get harder, but I have a specific need for a drone in August and thought it might be a good idea to get a better hang of things beforehand. I reckon I might actually enjoy it as well now - I’m over the fear bits :slight_smile:

If anyone feels like reaching out for flight training in the Surrey hills or Molesey areas, I offer beer/tea/coffee/cool 3D printed things in repayment :laughing:

Looking forward to rummaging through everything here :wave:

2 Likes

Hi Nigel
Ism not expert yet but can fly reasonably well with my M2P.
If you have some good flying spots there in Surrey I’ll be more than happy to come along and fly together but can’t really provide training as such

2 Likes

Hi there, as soon as I find some, I’ll let you know :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Nigel. Welcome. And you don’t have to offer anything in return. Everyone here is as cheap as a tart :laughing:

2 Likes

You’re definitely my kinda people :rofl::joy:

2 Likes

Hi Nigel and welcome to the group

As been said no payment needed although some accept food, but i’m sure he will be along soon to say hi :+1:

1 Like

Hi @nigeljohnson73 and welcome to Grey Arrows mate :smiley:

1 Like

Welcome Nigel :wave:

1 Like

Cool. Like the others said, we fly for pleasure

1 Like

Hey dude
Welcome to party. I live in Chorleywood but work close to you in Feltham. Heathrow and other ATZ’s are our nemesis unfortunately but out in my direction there are some good spots. I have an M2P also… Happy to offer up some help. Let me know when you’re free. @MiMo28 was looking for something north of Ruislip too?

1 Like

Yes, I am up to meet up with you guys as I need to drive to fly anyhow.
Weekends?

1 Like

Nigel how’s it going? I highly recommend phantom flight school who offer drone training for both hobbyists and commercial pilots

Their website: www.phantomflightschool.co.uk

1 Like

@anon52324101, @mimo28, I haven’t been that far north of the river in a while, sounds like an adventure :slight_smile:

What are you guys up to this weekend? Either Saturday or Sunday works for me. Let me know where and when and fingers crossed for the weather :slight_smile:

There is a public park near me, and depending on what app you use it says it’s a high-risk area or it doesn’t say anything. I’m a bit scared to go on my own just in case.

@alexmciver, thanks for that, a trip to Watford may be in my future. :slight_smile:

Hey buddy, what’s the name of the park. Should be able up check on NATS?

It’s Hurst park, west molesey. My back garden is in the same zone, but I haven’t tried hovering my M2P yet due to weather :roll_eyes:

Drone assist on my phone says restricted air space… It seems it’s the super wide extension to Heathrow, which I don’t quite understand as none of the other airports have a second zone. The 2 online tools I checked don’t seem to show the secondary zone.

Oh I take it back. All of the main London airports have a super wide zone of high risk now that they load :smile:

Turn off Clad D / Upper Air Space … it doesn’t affect us.

Well - upper airspace doesn’t affect us. Just be aware of Class D. :wink:

1 Like

Woo hoo, every day is a school day :smile:

I thought class D was drones to. Back to the Google flight training center for me :rofl:

1 Like

We are 400ft and below … outside the FRZs you’ll rarely get anything (other than the odd wayward chopper … or air-ambulance, perhaps) below that. Most importantly, permission isn’t needed in Class D (below 400ft).

1 Like