Hi from Westhoughton

Hi everyone.
My name is George from Wigan originally and now live in Westhoughton near Bolton.
I’ve been flying drones and fixed wing for over 5 years from Hubsan, DJI, Parrot, TBS, Beta etc and Horizon Hobby! I’m also an FPV pilot(great fast fun flying) Aviation is my passion, obsession and all I think about - after my wife and children of course. :blush:
I own over 90 aircraft’s (fleet) that I fly as often as possible for fun. I decided to go pro in Jan 2020 and got my Pfco. Whilst in lockdown I upgraded to a GVC and looking forward to extra bolt on’s such as EVLOS and BVLOS! I have a drone aerial photography and videography company which is great fun as well at times challenging.
I have recently just got the Mavic Mini 2 for my birthday :partying_face: and although it’s generally for fun I will be using this great little aircraft for work too.
I started a drone/aircraft club a few years back but because of lockdown hasn’t been doing much - The Flyinbeers is the club name… after a session we would go and have a pint and share experiences , flights and videos. A good laugh.
Looking forward to meeting everyone and hopefully flying together at some point. Hope everyone had a great Christmas and I wish you all the best wishes for 2021!
George. BigGUAV

8 Likes

Hi George
Welcome to GADC.
That’s some fleet you have.

1 Like

Welcome George to GADC.

So you are a newbie :joy: :joy:

I am sure that I and others can learn a lot from your experience and I for one will look forward to your posts.

3 Likes

Welcome! Seems like you’re very experienced, good to have you around!
Clear skies and hope you’ll get to fly your little fleet often!

1 Like

Hi from a fellow Wigan’er :wave:t2:

At last!

@Nidge is no longer alone in his addiction :smiley:

2 Likes

Welcome @BigGUAV glad to see you here at the biggest Drone club in the UK :uk: :+1:

1 Like

I’ve never been alone. I have my cat, my collection of singing potatoes, and my wife whom communicates via email from the opposite end of the sofa. I’ve excluded the voices in my head as they freely offer advice but they never listen.

Welcome to the group, George.

Nidge.

7 Likes

Welcome George, what a wealth of experience you have but really great to hear from your intro that your still having fun. I’m new in 2020 to the hobby, got into it through the early lockdown and have loved it ever since. Started with a Spark and then sold and upgraded to the Zoom.
I took a bit of a strange path, maybe ill advised at the time and took my PfCO in the summer as I wanted to be as safe and knowledgeable as I could be whilst thinking I might get the odd bit of work outside of my day job just as a bit of extra cash.
I’ve done the odd thing here and there but really I just fly as much as I can for fun so some might say I took the expensive route for my hobby🤣
I’m curious about what to do at my renewal point in 7 months time though…
Jason

2 Likes

Hi, from Northwich, Cheshire P4P and mini

1 Like

Hey cheers! Yes built up over 5 years of flying. Great to hear from you :+1::airplane::blush:

Ha ha just a tad lol. Hey I’m here for all as I’m sure you are all here for me. Love the Rc community! Thank you :pray:

1 Like

Hi buddy. Yes I’m sure you agree we all look forward to the blue skies, although it’s cold :cold_face: we do get out and enjoy the landscapes ! Cheers :beers:

Yeah!!! I’m in great company then! :airplane::+1::blush:

1 Like

Hello my dear friend! Great to be here pal :pray::airplane::blush::+1:

Thanks Nidge. Pleasure to meet ya buddy! Look forward to meeting you and all when we can all get out and have a drone flight festival day/weekend! :+1::airplane::blush:

3 Likes

Hi Jason great to meet ya. Love it when I meet like minded pilots- just can’t get enough flights in! Well done on obtaining your Pfco buddy. I’ve upgraded mine to the GVC which will replace my Pfco in March when up for renewal. My advice- renew pal. You’ve spent the money and put the time in, don’t let it go- upgrade or renew. I myself will be doing the A2 C of C as an additional add to my professional belt. Plus with the GVC looking forward to the add on’s BVLOS/EVLOS and what ever else comes out in the future. Finally- a great fleet of aircraft’s you have also. I miss my Spark :zap: but… tomorrow is my birthday and a fairy tells me I’ll be getting the Mini 2! :innocent:

Hey buddy! Lovely part of the world. Need to come fly there when I can! Great drones my friend. Great to meet you and all :blush::+1::airplane:

Hi George. I am just down the road near Swinton. Have a look for the group sessions up Anglezarke when conditions improve.

2 Likes

Hey :wave:
Thanks definitely will. Been flying there for years! Also - I know a sot only further up over the moors that leads to a valley of pine trees and an old loggers wood! Awesome!!!
Great to be in touch. Look forward to flying with you and all other members! :clap::balloon::airplane::blush::+1:

1 Like

Please feel free to add some flying locations to our map of places to fly @BigGUAV - we’re always in need of more member recommendations!

:+1:t2:

2 Likes