Hi, I've just received a DJI Mini 2 for my 65th birthday.

Hi, I’ve just received a DJI Mini 2 for my 65th birthday & still learning, but have to say I’m absolutely loving flying it, any advice for a novice greatly appreciated, currently flying it around my home near St Neots, Cambridgeshire when the weather allows.

12 Likes

Happy birthday @Cuttsy :smiley:

3 Likes

Hi Nigel and happy birthday.

2 Likes

Don’t casually dismiss a Red Warning from the Met office :man_facepalming:

3 Likes

Hi Nigel. Welcome to the mini 2 club. Unfortunatly you are now an addict lol. All i would advise is read the manual, find a big field and practice, practice , practice.

2 Likes

Hi Cuttsy

I am quite new to drones as well & had a bit of a flyaway due to inexperience & pushing it. My advice would be to always fly towards the wind if heading a little distance from where you take off, that way even with reduced power you can always make it back to land safely.

1 Like

Happy Birthday ! just keep practicing and practicing and practicing … well iv been doing that since October when i got mine. enjoy.

2 Likes

:birthday: Happy birthday matey. Enjoy your flying… never too old to have fun! :partying_face:

1 Like

Hi @Cuttsy and welcome to Grey Arrows :wave:t2:

Have you seen our members map? (Click the burger-menu in the top right) You may find some pilots living near you. Feel free to add yourself to the members map too :+1:t2:

We’re a well established club with many knowledgeable members so it’s very likely that any issues you come across will have been discussed here before. Our discussion forum has very powerful search features which should help you find what you need but if you get stuck you can post a new question in the #questions-and-answers category.

Looking for recommendations of places to fly? Check out our interactive map on Drone Scene - be sure to log in to gain access to the full suite of features and map layers:

And please feel free to add locations of your own too.

Please also take a moment to look at the Membership Levels section on our FAQ as we’re quite different to other clubs and you’ll be eligible for some rather exclusive club discounts as your membership level increases :blush:

Welcome once again!

1 Like

Hi Nigel and welcome to Grey Arrows
I am in Tempsford so not a million miles away.
Enjoy your new drone.

2 Likes

Hi Nigel - welcome to GADC :+1: :+1: :+1: - and Happy Birthday :beers: :clinking_glasses: :beers:

1 Like

Happy Birthday.

Practice, practice practice. What’s a manual?

YouTube tutorials are well worth watching.
Watch @ianinlondon for loads of information ( others are available apparently).

Welcome.

1 Like

Greetings from one Nigel to another. Having the least popular handle we need to stick together.

Congrats on your 65th and the Mini2.

2 Likes

Welcome @Cuttsy

1 Like

Welcome Nigel to GADC :grinning:

2 Likes

Happy Birthday! You’ll (hopefully) learn quickly to give trees and utility cables and posts a wide berth. YouTube is an amazing resource, is there another similar website, @FFf?

1 Like

I used UAV hub for initial training, then followed that up with the A2 CofC course. Lots of free information out there, Google helped me.

2 Likes

Never to old to find a new hobby, hope you find all the information you’ll need from this club

1 Like

Happy Birthday!

1 Like

Happy Mini2 birthday bud

1 Like