Hi there from a newbie in Wiltshire

Hi

I came to the drone scene having spent the last 10 years or so really getting into my photography, and thought getting a decent drone would be a great way to extend my hobby.

Having recently retired, i got my first drone 4 weeks ago and I’m already getting to see how it will be me more than just a “camera in the air” for me, and start to get the flying for its own sake bug

After a bit of research on line, this seemed a great place for me to start - to learn from those much more experienced than me and to interact with a great bunch of people with a shared passion

Great to be here!

Andrew

4 Likes

Hi Andrew @gasbag43 and welcome to GADC :+1: :+1:

Hi @gasbag43 and welcome to Grey Arrows :wave:t2:

Looking for recommendations of places to fly? Check out our interactive map on Drone Scene and please feel free to add locations of your own too :smiley:

Wondering whether you can fly a particular model of drone under particular circumstances? Check out Good 2 Go where you’ll soon find the answer :blush:

Have you seen our Members Map? You may find some pilots living near you. Feel free to add yourself to the members map too :+1:t2:

We’re a well established club with many knowledgeable members so it’s very likely that any issues you come across will have been discussed here before. Our discussion forum has very powerful search features which should help you find what you need but if you get stuck you can post a new question in the Questions & Answers category.

And finally, if you are new to drones and wondering what it’s all about, have a look at Resources for a beginner.

Welcome once again!

Good afternoon @gasbag43 andrew & welcome to the club, I have the same drone as yourself great choice looking forward to seeing some photos :smiley:

@gasbag43 Welcome, I am also in Wiltshire, near Salisbury. Where abouts are you. I have been retired about 5 years now and spent 30 years working in photography. What drone are you flying?
BTW we have the same surname.

Rod

@The-Hive Rod click his avatar & you can answer some of your questions :wink:

1 Like

Thanks forgot about that, just a bit of welcoming banter

1 Like

Sorry rod I’d not meant it in the wrong way was just not sure if you knew about the avatar & is only why I said, bant away buddy as much as you like is what we do :grin:

1 Like

No prob at at all, I didn’t take it in the wrong way, I am glad of any help like that, thanks

2 Likes

Hi Andrew, welcome from the Black Country.

@gasbag43 hi andrew welcome :wave:

Hi - thanks for reaching out! I live near Chippenham, but a lot of the photography i do is down your way - Avebury, Pewsey, Salisbury and down to Dorset

Ive got my own website (link in my profile) but not updated that over the last 2 years with work commitments, but now have no excuse not to bring that up to date now im no longer working!

In the meantime, what i shoot has been going onto Flickr - account is Andy J Newman. Just posted my first drone-shot photo today (crop circle near Marlborough - link pasted below)

There’s a separate album for Wiltshire shots that incudes a fair bit of Salisbury area (Stonehenge and the Cathedral mainly) if you’re interested

Imgur

Andrew

1 Like

Hi - thanks so much for reaching out and welcoming me to the group

Re my photos, Ive got my own website (link in my profile) but not updated that over the last 2 years with work commitments, but now have no excuse not to bring that up to date now im no longer working!

In the meantime, what i shoot has been going onto Flickr - account is Andy J Newman. Just posted my first drone-shot photo today (crop circle near Marlborough - link pasted below

Imgur

Andrew

1 Like

Brilliant pic Andrew. Thanks for the info

Rod