Hi to all from Romsey

Greetings all, recently got my first drone (Mavic Mini) and looking for some places local to fly so any suggestions for local areas to Romsey would be awesome! :grinning:

1 Like

Welcome!

Sorry, I can’t help with suggestions around Romsey, but I’m sure someone here will have some good tips for you.

Have you added yourself/ had a look at the members map?

Hi Ned, no I haven’t added my location on the map yet will get in and add my location and have a look at any suitable areas around me. Thanks :blush:

2 Likes

Hi Steve and welcome to GADC.

2 Likes

Thanks SeaHunter :grinning:

1 Like

Hi im from romsey to. have you had any luck finding flying locations? i know the local flying club has a waiting list as ive been on it two years.

1 Like

Hi Chris, nice to see a fellow flyer in the same area! I’ve had a look at some places on the map but still haven’t got around to trying any just yet as had a few things around the house that need my time unfortunately.
I’d be interested in the flying club that you mentioned and also any suggestions on places that you’ve tried recently ?
I’ll be sure to let you know any that I’ve tried, hopefully I’ll be able to get a few ticked off before the winters here !

the club is called Romsey Electric Flyers i can look out the contact details if you wish.
Im looking at flying at Emer Bog / baddesley park but i understand its a sssi so ill need to contact natural england to see if they will give permission. Ive been up in the sky at abbotswood nature reserve once or twice , but its a few minutes walk from where you can leave a car.