HMS Prince of Wales Sails Out of Liverpool

Hi

It was a really nice day last week, so I took a chance and went down to Crosby beach, Merseyside to have a routine fly around.

By pure fluke the Royal Navy decided to sail its new aircraft carrier the HMS Prince of Wales out of Liverpool for sea trials…it was toooo good an opportunity to miss! I hope you enjoy the video (no sound).

Peter

4 Likes

well done in not getting shot down !!! Looks like a ghost ship. Well captured tho :+1:

2 Likes

Good job the Raytheon MK-15 Phalanx close-in defence weapons system was off line!!!
4,500 rounds per minute of 20mm tungsten is guaranteed to make a mess of your drone :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Only if they hit! :wink:

1 Like

That tug really is losing the game of tug-of-war! :wink:

1 Like

… however, this does gain you the Coastal Flyer Badge on your profile! :+1:

2 Likes

Looking again its funny how optical illusions work - it looks seriously shallow water when you look at the foreground wave patterns. Now Im wondering what happens to the Captain if he runs aground on a sand-bar ?? lol
As a side note, id give your right arm for 5 minutes on that gun fully loaded - oh yesssssss

3 Likes

To be honest, I was slightly worried about possible interference from radar etc…I had an automated Coast Guard station on one side of me, with radar and can only guess what the PoW has!

As I mentioned, the whole thing was pure fluke but well worth it.

Thanks for the kind words.

Peter

1 Like

And the economy

1 Like