Holiday bird which one?

Hi everyone,

As some know started flying in November purchased a 2nd hand P4 hooked so moved onto Mavic 2 zoom, well cut a long story short I want to take one away on Holiday will be going away 4 or more times this year so a good opportunity especially Cyprus rocks festival on beach so P4 too big M2Z costly so narrowed down to 3 smallish birds, Spark, Anafi, or Air no doubt a few of you do some travelling so advice on suitability on either most welcome, Amazon Warehouse have some good deals on like new at moment, oh I am also hooked on GADC full of good stuff nice one :+1:

1 Like

Take the M2Z and save your money for cocktails and cigars.

Ive taken my MP all over with me, perhaps check your household contents to see of its covered under your contents.

2 Likes

Mavic Air!!! But the pro really isn’t much bigger!!! Take the pro!!! Just insure it!

2 Likes

Sounds good bet that, been looking at insurance today and overseas cover is an option with little difference in cost…

1 Like

In 2017 I had 3 months meandering around Italy with my MP - no way would I take anything smaller.

I wish I’d taken much longer, though. :wink:

2 Likes

If it’s your house contents just give them a call and double check that the drone is covered .

Apart from that enjoy your travels

3 Likes

I know things have moved on a bit since I bought my MP, but the advantage of it was always the portability for travelling with, including walking/trekking.

So far we’ve been to South Africa, Ethiopia (DON’T even think about taking a drone there), Bali and Anglesey, (!) all without issue from a technical point of view, and all easily portable - and, after all, there’s no more reason to crash etc on holiday than at home. And I got used to the idea years ago with a normal camera in my rucksack that disaster could beckon (wading rivers on treks is a particular “fear” of mine) but, as everybody else has said, eventually worked out that it’s the film/memory card that’s the important bit, the camera itself is insured, after all.

So I take precautions, things in cases and dry bags etc, but otherwise I’d take your M2Z

2 Likes

Thank you guys you have given me more confidence in taking my M2Z overseas, I will look forward to it :+1:

2 Likes

Look forward to seeing the pics/vids! :slight_smile:

2 Likes