Housing development by M6

Did this to identify and see progress of a mates new house. Thought I’d post it and ask for constructive feedback please :blush::pray:

Bumped your post over to the #media:videos category :+1:t2:

In terms of feedback @andy_bee_1 I’d echo what @Ninjarich1971 said in the other clip - slow down :slight_smile:

I was unsure which house was your mates as you flew over the entire estate.

With that in mind, how about a slow flight around the house in question, keeping the gimbal pointing at his house?

Lastly, not sure if your focus is out, or if you’ve not uploaded an HD quality video but watching on my phone it was a bit fuzzy.

This was just a fly over the estate.

I did a lot more video and photos of his house and a fly around too, but hadn’t learnt about POI function, so I didn’t upload that to YouTube as it was manual and a bit lumpy! :frowning:

Quality is not great is it. Original looks fine, but not once on YouTube.

Which software did you use to edit the footage?

I didn’t, just straight to YouTube from my phone.
Plays at 1080p after a while for me (480p before that)

Yes - strange.
I never bother with what’s on my phone (except in emergency/urgency) since there are nearly always slight issues in quality. Never had a drop in resolution though … just bits of noise, etc.
Even if you get a perfect version on you phone, the bit-rate is lower than what’s on the SDCard. If your Mavic is recording 1080, the file size on the Mavic is way larger than the same video in 1080 on the phone.

Ahh, I see what you are saying.
I connected my phone to the drone and downloaded the video to it from there, so it should be the same as putting it on my PC from the drone through USB.
It’s not the much smaller and less clear vid that your phone receives through the airwaves while flying.

1 Like

Its strange, stuff i have uploaded to Youtube in the past has always been a max quality from my drone (except some of the earlier vids).
Viewed in Internet Explorer the quality is crap, max 720p !,
view the same on Chrome and you get far more options for quality (even 4 K).
Been wondering whether is my Computer (unlikely, as it’s an i7 cpu, with 2 gb graphics card) or if its just better to watch all youtube videos in Chrome.

I have just got the files off my drone (for the first time) and find this:
Drone vid: size=294MB
Phone vid: size=294MB
So it does transfer the file perfectly!

In comparison, the preview vid that was cached on my phone was 38MB!

Yes - as expected - from your post I’d assumed you’d used the cached video.