How longs everyone been flying?

I’m very new to the joys of R/C flying, and the imagery aspect is definitely taking over standard stills.

And this may well have been asked but how long have people here been flying, drones / other forms or aircraft?

Just wondering as may well be picking peoples brains

2 Likes

Only just over a year for me. On and off as mine were built from scratch, so took some time to get up and running. Love the fpv side of it.

Phantom 2 since Nov '13, MP since Nov 16.

(And various bigger planes on and off between 1968 and '94. :wink: )

Like yourself, just over a year and it was the differing angles and getting to spots that normal photos can’t that got me involved.

Started off with a phantom 2 about 5 years ago and been hooked ever since… still flying the phantom 2 still when I want to practice manual

1 Like

Ditto! Must get some new batteries …. only managing about 5 mins max on my old ones.

1 Like

Think I’m around 15 years between helicopters and then quadcopters.

Time flies when your having fun.

2 Likes

5 years and still learning lol

1 Like

Been flying drones for about 6 years, still love my Phantoms.
I was flying RC Planes to many years ago to remember!, probably about 20 years +.
Still get a great thrill even now.

Same here Chris . Was into the RC stuff for over 50 years . Ended up on the slope stuff then onto the quads .
Still miss standing on the slope freezing my nuts off and the wind howling … Happy days .

1 Like

Should have said 30 years … Not 50 .

3 Likes

Ideal, I have a bit of catching up to do. Got the M2P in November.

If anyone needs any advice on sailing let me know.

2 Likes

Only about 12 months still learning and enjoying it all. Specially with the fantastic support on this forum😁

2 Likes

I have been in some form of r/c hobby from boats, cars and planes but at my age I really enjoy UAV’s I started at 30 ,and I am 67 now, hoping to carry on for a lot more years.

Hi

Have flown light aircraft to commercial. Small r/c model aeroplanes and helicopters, inc later days very large model aircraft and jets, active member of world jet masters and new to drones, first drone bought 4 weeks ago a mavic 2 pro and this week bought a phantom 4 pro. Theres a big mixed bag of guys on here with a wealth of knowledge so you came to the right place. Have lots of fun here and ask if you need help. Good luck

1 Like

@callum - always wanted to fly a helicopter and at the moment it remains a dream though one curtailed by lack of funds to do so…

1 Like

Just over a year so still learning but also still loving

1 Like

I am hoping soon to be able to fly with my Nephew , he is an airline pilot, but also a PfCo drone pilot.
He is now being relocated to our local Airport here in Norwich, sooooo, his Uncle (me) is awaiting a flight in the hot seat of his SAAB 340, here hoping !.

First air in January with a Bugs 5w. Got hooked. Mavic Air from April. First attempt at cinematic video May. Total investment sub £1000. I am not an expert in either flight or video . Sharp learning curve. No particular talent. Probably 100 hours of research, software, and 40 flights.

1 Like

RC helicopters BTW.

Wouldn’t trust myself in a real one lol.

1 Like