How low can I go

Lets see how low the DJI Spark can get to the water. 7am down at the harbour edge, water was around 8ft down from the dock road. Not bad when you consider the low light and of course the sensors which are built in to the drone.

2 Likes

Nice video.
I wouldn’t go (over water at all :cry:) any lower than 2-3m above water.
Looking forward to seeing more videos.
The weather here is not good at all :worried:

1 Like

I always worry over water too - I’ve heard sooooo many horror stories of the drone trying to land on it’s own, eh @Ktm250 :open_mouth:

1 Like

Omg I have been there once or twice :blush:

1 Like

The joys of the P2! It had no idea how to auto-anything, :stuck_out_tongue:

Did fly I across a swimming pool with the landing gear touching the water nearly all the way across …

3 Likes

There is a video on YouTube of a guy, who also carried tests on Spark for maximum distance, lost his Mavic Pro in the lake and using a water drone to find it in the deep lake and couldn’t find it. He is an expert pilot.
After seeing that I am not risking my Spark :nerd_face:

Now that’s what I call low!

I’ve had it about 8". Daren’t go any lower as I have a bad habit of pushing stick wrong way.

2 Likes

We’ve all pushed a stick the wrong way … but you don’t in that mind-focusing scenario. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Tell you what though. Absolutely trust the mavic now. I think if anything does go wrong it probably will be my doing.

If it’s nice anytime soon going to push it more over water.

1 Like

My main concern with the Mavic would also be a user problem … but not the flying. … the “have I turned all the right sensors and auto-thingamajigs to the correct position” issue.
The joy of the P2! :wink:

1 Like

Yeah quite ironic that one of the smart “safety” features will probably be the reason you end up crashing it.

2 Likes

Ha! How true is that :smiley:

I’m not suggesting there hasn’t been a scary moment with the P2 …

:stuck_out_tongue:

Edit: Actually … I should have left the GoPro soundtrack on that one for … “impact”. I just instinctively delete the “Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz”.

1 Like

Bloody hell that was close.

Does anyone remember a Mavic video posted on another board.

It ended up under water in a lake but made a miraculous recovery and flew off again?

1 Like

Not this one but very similar.

2 Likes

Brilliant!
Also makes the point that you can get the message over in quite a short video, too! LOL!

1 Like

And another.

Not quite sure what he’s up to.

2 Likes

I’m sure there are many. I kind of like that first one. It has a certain level of class to it.

1 Like