How to disable DroneID on DJI drones (for free) inc. Mini 2, Mini 3, Mavic, Air, 2S, etc - using CIA Jeep Doors

Also works on the DJI FPV

I have removed DroneID on all my DJI drones except the Mavic 3 and Mini 3 Pro due DJI patching the firmware on these 2 drones.
Hopefully the exploit will be available so we can revert firmware versions on these 2 drones.

3 Likes

Can you test the droneid app to see if it picks up the Mavic 3 and the mini 3

https://greyarro.ws/t/how-to-disable-droneid-on-dji-drones-for-free-inc-mini-2-mini-3-mavic-air-2s-etc-using-cai-jeep-doors/52073/58?u=sparkyws

On my drin Dji mini 2 with Firmware 01.05.0000 it is not possible. The drone is detected but it always stays on enable. Hopefully we will have CAI Jeep Doors update and we can work with on fw 01.05

1 Like

Yes with the latest firmware, DJI have stopped the exploit from working

Hopefully you will be able to downgrade one day but not sure when

As much as I have searched that there is no way to download from 01.05 there are videos that do it with assistant 2 by modifying a program configuration setting but I am not able. i will try on linux

At this moment there is no way as the ARB was raised in 1.05.00

1 Like

Thks

1 Like

Anyone getting the issue where the drone won’t show up under any COM port? Can see the SD card fine, connects to PC fine but COM port doesn’t stick so python script or exe can’t connect to drone.

1 Like

you need to be quick or windose sees it as an external drive or mass storage.
I opened up device manager, switched on drone and as it beeped its startup I plugged in the usb. I saw that device manager was assigning it com port 5. Switched it off, opened up jeep doors, restarted drone and plugged in. Quickly chose com port 5 in jeep doors and sent the command, job done

2 Likes

As @mynameisjoe say above connect when you hear the start-up tones

if you leave it too late or too long connected the bootloader will shut down and it will reconnect as a mass storage device

1 Like

It flashes up for perhaps 1-2 seconds. Impossible to connect at exactly the right time though…

Connect the usb at any point the start up tones are playing

Then wait till you hear the computer play the usb connection tone

Select the correct com port
Click connect
Click send disable command

1 Like

Thanks. You have to be very quick but I think it worked.

No there is an easier way.

Open the CIAJeepDoors.exe file.
Connect the drone after the beeps. Press refresh com port button.
Then use the drop down box to select the com port and it will show you the com port the drone is connected to. Select it. Then press connect drone.

If you still have problems or the drone is not connecting close the CIAJeepdoors.
Open Assistant 2 let it find your drone. Close Assistant 2 immediately, open CIAJeepDoors then follow above.

1 Like

I tried that first, it didn’t work for me unfortunately

1 Like

Have you tried another usb cable?
They have to have a data cable, some cables are not data cables

I still want to use the exploit on my mini 2 with fw 01.05.00 I can think of 2 things. One to use care refresh for €49 and wait for the new unit to bring a lower fw or investigate if it is possible to lower fw by sending motherboard to a company that can do that job. What is your opinion?

It’s a risk that the drone sent back will have the same firmware

wait for @mynameisjoe to receive his to confirm what he gets back, but again that’s no guarantee

As for removing the motherboard and sending it off! that’s a bit extreme just for a hack, why are so bothered?

and I don’t know of anyone that can or would do that for you

2 Likes

Coldflake sells modded Mavic 2 boards, not sure he does any others though :thinking:

He seems to be selling the older stuff

2 Likes