How to disable DroneID on DJI drones (for free) inc. Mini 2, Mini 3, Mavic, Air, 2S, etc - using CIA Jeep Doors

I still want to use the exploit on my mini 2 with fw 01.05.00 I can think of 2 things. One to use care refresh for €49 and wait for the new unit to bring a lower fw or investigate if it is possible to lower fw by sending motherboard to a company that can do that job. What is your opinion?

It’s a risk that the drone sent back will have the same firmware

wait for @mynameisjoe to receive his to confirm what he gets back, but again that’s no guarantee

As for removing the motherboard and sending it off! that’s a bit extreme just for a hack, why are so bothered?

and I don’t know of anyone that can or would do that for you

2 Likes

Coldflake sells modded Mavic 2 boards, not sure he does any others though :thinking:

He seems to be selling the older stuff

2 Likes

I think you can imagine

1 Like

My replacement drone arrived today. Just to confirm that the fucktards have indeed flashed the firmware to latest version 1.05.000. Bastards

Of course they have.
They don’t want anyone running any form of “altered” firmware.

1 Like

Hi,

Whenever I select my drone in the COM-PORT and click connect drone I first get a message that says “No response received” If I then continue and select Connect drone it then says “can only concatenate str (not nonetype ) to str”

Any help I can get on this would be really appreciated!

What drone?

1 Like

DJI Mavic Pro

Have you downloaded and installed the correct version of DJI assistance for the Mavic pro

When you connect the drone ae you getting a com port assigned, check in device manager

Yeah, I originally had an older version installed from 2017 so I could edit the parameters. I’ve just installed the most up to date version to see if that would change anything and have also installed the Windows drivers to see if that would help but I’m still reciving the same issue. As for getting a com port assinged I had trouble with this in the beginning but was able to figure out what was wrong and install the driver needed. I’ve left a screenshot below of the results after installing a newer version of DJI Assistance for the Mavic Pro I had also restarted my pc to see if this would also change anything.

Sorry for the late reply and thank you for the response!

Does the drone now connect to DJI Assistance?

1 Like

The drone has always connected to DJI Assistance I just thought that maybe installing a different version would possibly get it to work. But for some reason I am still getting just the connected drone with the two error messages

So this doesn’t actually disable aeriscope right? All it does is disable DroneID while the drone can still be tracked entirely?

So many people think it stops all tracking but that’s just not the case.

Strange as it says the drone is connected but no serial number

@Sora
Try another USB cable, also make sure DJI Assistance is not running

1 Like

What is this?

A tool to disable DJI Aeroscope Remote ID broadcasts & simultaneously demonstrate vendor non-compliance in DJI Remote ID performance requirements. The name happens to be an anagram of “DJI AeroScope”.

So, what happens when a vendor has fallen out of compliance with FAA performance remote ID requirements? How about when an end user accidentally, or on purpose shows that a vendors performance requirements are inadequate?

Is there a punishment, or consequence? Anything to worry about at all?

I have tried a few USB cables even the one I got with the drone starting to think it may be something with my PC at this point so will try on another computer and see if it’s still the same issue. I did try running it as a PY file and not as the EXE and got a different error. I’ll leave a screenshot of that below.

You are using Python 3 yeah

1 Like

Maybe it’s the drone…

1 Like