Hurst Park, West Molesey - Added to Parks and Recreation in South East

I have just added this to the map of places to fly your drone at Drone Scene - Location # 49

Land owner permission requirements unknown.

Hi, is this place still okay or has it now been closed out? Looks amazing.
Cheers
Jase

Hi Jason / @JK-London … and welcome to GADC.

The original post was made anonymously - so there may not be any response regarding this location.

I see you have a Mavic Air. :+1: There are quite a few other members with the same drone, so you are amongst good company.

If you haven’t already, take a look at the Map of Members. This is a relatively new feature so not everyone is on there as yet, but I’m sure there are other members in your neck of the woods that will come and say Hi.

(Don’t forget to add yourself to that map : Members’ Location Map - A Guide)

Cheers for reply, just updated my profile including location.
Cheers for the warm welcome… now just need to find a place near me I can fly… looks like Richmond park for now but hoping there is somewhere closer.
Cheers
Jase

1 Like

Been flying here the past month. Bit of common sense as it’s a park, and part of the Thames Path, but plenty to fly out over the river and film on the north side. Lots of boats & rowers in the summer.

Notable bits include the old boatsheds and slipways on Platts Eyot (Vosper Thorneycroft built MTB’s there during WW1 & WW2), St Marys Parish Church, and Garricks Temple to Shakespeare, along with the impressive facade of the waterworks.

First 2/3rds of this video: Footage from first flights - YouTube

1 Like

I’ve flown here too :grin:

1 Like