I_Am_Maff in Cambridge

Hi. I’m Maff. 50 year old drone enthusiast. Living in Cambridge. Currently have a DJI SPARK & have just purchased a DJI mini 2, yet to be unboxed. I’d like to find others near me to fly and learn and share ideas with. Find places within a short range to fly my drones. Though I’ll probably sell the spark now I have the mini 2. Looking forward to being active in this group & sharing ideas :relaxed:

4 Likes

Hi @I_AM_MAFF and welcome to Grey Arrows :wave:t2:

Have you seen our members map? (Click the burger-menu in the top right) You may find some pilots living near you. Feel free to add yourself to the members map too :+1:t2:

We’re a well established club with many knowledgeable members so it’s very likely that any issues you come across will have been discussed here before. Our discussion forum has very powerful search features which should help you find what you need but if you get stuck you can post a new question in the #questions-and-answers category.

Looking for recommendations of places to fly? Check out our interactive map on Drone Scene - be sure to log in to gain access to the full suite of features and map layers:

And please feel free to add locations of your own too.

Please also take a moment to look at the Membership Levels section on our FAQ as we’re quite different to other clubs and you’ll be eligible for some rather exclusive club discounts as your membership level increases :blush:

Welcome once again!

1 Like

Hi Maff - welcome to GADC :+1: :+1: :+1:

1 Like

1 Like

Hi and thanks. Looking forward to getting some ideas and finding places to fly my new DJI Mini 2 :blush:

Hi @I_AM_MAFF, I’m in Suffolk. I’m not sure if that’s any use? Little Glemham between Saxmundham and Wickham Markt, IP13 0BA. I have a Mini 2 as well, not flown at all, just done the research time and time again. Was hoping to give it a whirl this weekend, but it’s a tad cold once you have frozen inside the house!

Simon

Hey here. I know the area quite well. I am a Suffolk boy, born and raised in pswich. Moved to Cambridge 12 years go but come back often to see family & friends. I’ve had DJI Spark for about 4 years and have just bought the Mini 2. It’s not even out of the box yet but might get a maiden flight this weekend :grin:

1 Like

Give me a shout if you come home, who knows, I may even have achieved flight by then! :smiley:

Maff? Hmm, don’t suppose you have GPS devices in your pocket?

Why is that? :thinking:

Ooh, someone called Maff has long been involved with speed cameras, hope you stick to the drone speed limits :slight_smile:

Definitely not me I can assure you. I’m a responsible flyer. Infact. The highest I’ve been is 300ft and probably not much further than that away from me I’ve always got VLOS. I am registered too

1 Like

Hi Maff, also near Cambridge in St.Ives recently upgraded to mini 2 and loving it! Be good to be able to share locations/experiences

1 Like

Hi. Nice to meet a ‘local flyer’ I only fly at Grantchester because its the only scenic place nearly I can legally fly, no airport! . I’ve flown there 2 or 3 times with the MINI 2. It would be good time find other places within easy reach to fly my little beast and get new footage. Shame the weather is getting colder and crapper though :sunglasses:

Never thought of granchester but yes good call I’m assuming getting over Cambridge is difficult? Need to pull myself together and get out for a sunrise over fen Drayton lakes with mist etc