I liked my Evo 2 Pro until

Was very happy with my new Evo 2 until about 2 hours ago when the camera decided to start with distorted video. Not all of the time but intermittently.Switching it off and on did not help, I no longer have the patience to deal with faulty goods, being sent back to Amazon for a refund.

2 Likes

Sad to read this @pete.mcarthur - was it distorted in the live radio feed or only when playing the recording? Could the gimbal have needed calibrating? Did you try reformatting the SD card? I haven’t read about this issue until now.

1 Like

Not a wonky SD card is it?

1 Like

I’ve tried 3 different cards with no luck and it doesn’t look like a card fault. Visually it looks like the props are in the video except it stretches over the whole bottom half of the screen. It’s difficult to see it happening on the phone but it sure is visible on a monitor. Very intermittent, the previous and following videos are fine.

Maybe I’m being a grumpy old bugger but when you lay out for a pretty expensive piece of kit it’s not unreasonable to expect it to work. Lost confidence in the thing and as it’s only a couple of weeks old, Amazon are having it back

1 Like

Was the sun in the same position on both good and bad footage? I get strobing if I sail too close to the sun.

1 Like

Is that like Icarus?

3 Likes

It was, I could do the same shot 3 times, 2 would be fine the other not :frowning_face:

Air 2S next @pete.mcarthur ? :thinking:

1 Like

Dunno, I may just stick with the DJI FPV and the Mini 2 (should Heliguy ever send it back). I’ll watch the reviews of the 2s with interest, there seems to be some doubt that it really has a 1 inch sensor, could be a deal breaker for me.

1 Like

Did the EVO Pro 1in sensor meet your hopes and expectations - when the camera worked?

I’ve seen a couple of comparison videos on Youtube vs the Mavic 2 Pro - both claiming to have posted footage at the default auto setting and they were very different: in one the Mavic was higher contrast and more saturated than the EVO and in the other it was the other way around!

1 Like

It did, very much so. I did a lot of research before buying it and the general consensus was the Evo had the edge on the M2P. The raw files from the Evo gave me some pretty good results.

2 Likes