I’ve noticed a big difference

@callum , You have just “knocked the nail on the head”, you could not have put that better !.

1 Like

I agree @callum
This is a top site, met some great people, picked up loads of tips and had loads of laughs.
Love it

2 Likes

I find Mavic Pilots to be overloaded with dross. If I search for any info I need - then invariably google will send me to the appropriate threads on Mavic Pilots and thats about as far as I want to go as far as that forum is concerned.
grey arrows is great ! The amount of traffic on this forum is as much as I want to deal with.

2 Likes

But won’t always find what You looking for in here. Like I said it’s too general. This is just my opinion and I don’t want to argue with anyone :wink:

Me neither.

But …

That’s a pretty damning statement on this this forum, so surely you can provide reasons you believe this … more than it just being just your opinion?

1 Like

I bit my lip right off

The issue I have with MavicPilots and PhantomPilots before it was the (then) banning of anyone discussing modifications and rolling back firmware.

From a personal point of view my original reason for rolling back was the lack of support offered from DJI on their latest firmware releases.

Its obvious they are sponsored by DJI, and that can never make them impartial.

I feel that GADC is more a ‘lounge’ forum, we share our work and help out others where we can, but I still reach out to YouTube or Google for most of my questions.

Finally the prevalence of Americans on there really does ones biscuit.

3 Likes

For my two pen’orth. I enjoy the GADC because it is interactive, fun and friendly with various competitions to promote and encourage flying, mixed with photography. The club is progressing really well and I firmly believe that if it isn’t already ‘The Premier Drone Club’ in the U.K. then it’s well on the way to being so. Unlike the ‘bear pit’ that the Mavic Pilots has become.

3 Likes

We need to arrange a members meet up… it would be great fun for us all to meet… :wink:

2 Likes

We might need to hire the NEC if you’re looking to fit all 600+ members in one venue :smiley:

Please feel free to organise something local to you though @Turbys9 - I’m sure more than a few people would be interested to see that Typhoon of yours in the flesh :+1:

3 Likes

I have noticed the same thing.

I do skim through the weekly roundup of the most popular topics in Mavic Pilots, but that’s enough; I don’t visit the forum day to day.

S.

1 Like

Would it be a huge generalisation to say that a lot of the flyers on Mavic Pilots and. indeed many of the Youtube American videos are slightly - er - redneck?

1 Like

Lol. I did wonder about that. I recall a University, many years ago,decided to research car accidents and placed data and voice recorders into thousands of volunteer vehicles.
Most of the ‘accidents’ were run of the mill stuff…except for those recorded in the Deep South. To their surprise when they replayed the voice recordings the predominant conversations went something like this…
“Y’all hold ma beer Darlene, and watch what ma truck can do, yeeha!!”
Followed by sounds of screeching tyres and crunching metal.
Apparently they never published the results!!!

1 Like

Hmmm.

Come on - play nice.

We love the yanks really. They are our like our slightly crazy cousins. Who else would have the sheer balls, resources and intelligence to have a man embark upon the greatest ever venture on behalf of the entire human race, leading us as a human race to venture even further into space and ultimately put a human on Mars.

3 Likes

I agree - hell I married one! :wink:

Just trying to look from the other side of the fence I suppose. There were a couple of comments that if it were me, I could have taken offence at.

Or maybe I’m just being paranoid. :thinking:
I’ll go get back in my box… :smiley::wink:

1 Like

No offence meqnt. Just look what the USA has given the world. Nothing’s perfect but my god they are pretty close.
Just go on YouTube and look for Franki Valli at 4th July and watch him sing on the Whitehouse lawn. If that doesn’t bring a lump of pride to have them as our cousins, I don’t know what will.
(Besides, I prefer America over the land of the ‘cheese eating surrender monkeys any day’)

None taqken! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::wink::innocent:

It’s a massively divided society at the moment, and some people are slightly quicker to take offence as a result. I just don’t want us to piss them all off!

As the French would say “vive le difference”
Roughly translated it means celebrate our differences. Best wishes to all

1 Like

Certainly no offence meant. I very nearly ended up with a lovely woman from Atlanta. I think it was my English ways that messed it up!