Indoor/Outdoor trainer quad

Think they do it in analogue as well …:+1:t3:

There is a vicious rumour that ImmersionRC and Orca may, or may not, be doing something sneaky together. In one of IRC’s release notes for their Ghost system there was mention of integration to a future HD System, which was quickly retracted when gums started flapping in the IRC FB group. Though it is no secret that Orca and IRC have been working closely integrating the Orca Goggles with the Ghost system.

As I say it may be just an idle rumour, or maybe I just dreamed it after downing half a pound of Wensleydale before bedtime.

2 Likes

Ooh that’s very interesting Nidge, thanks for the tip :+1:t2:
I have been looking at the IRC Ghost system. They do have some really good features. I guess if Orca are involved they will be as pricy as the DJI setup lol
Some more competition for DJI can only be a good thing :ok_hand:t2: :smiley:

1 Like

Most definitely.

In other news Fatshark are to release an AIO Shark Byte box goggle. It’s to have a 1080p screen, and if that screen is OLED I think it would definitely give DJI some serious competition as their DFPV headset is a box with a LCD screen. Fatshark have intimated that it will be a budget price, so possibly around the £350 for the system.

1 Like

Now that could be a good entry level option into the digital side :+1:t2: Will keep an eager eye out for this :grinning:

Is this official fatshark news or has it been leaked somewhere Nidge?

1 Like

It was talked about on the last Q&A with Bardwell and Blunty,

Scrub to 25:12 in the video.

and below you can read the Press Release from Fatshark.

Dear fellow Shark Byte pilots,

Thanks for the feedback for the HDMI in/out preference; it was overwhelmingly for HDMI out so we will aspire to include this feature on our next flagship headsets. We really appreciate all the responses and insightful reasons why people advocated for their suggested configuration.

The main request we keep getting is for a more powerful transmitter. We all feel the same way and have been pushing for it. There have been at least 3 different board iterations of a higher power unit and we expect that it will take more engineering cycles to achieve a stable design for production. We don’t have a time frame for when it will be ready, but it is being worked on and we expect it to be an 800mW + transmitter once we finally get it right.

We have been very busy with all of the paperwork for our IPO (RCAT is now traded on the Nasdaq!). This has limited our communication, but not our development and testing. Fat Shark has been getting some flight testing on a new entry-level digital headset. Attached is the first “in the wild” photo of a tooled ScoutHD with a 1080p display! We are very excited to be launching a value digital goggle, and with the resources from the IPO anticipate continuing to work as fast as we can to completely replace analog!

Thank you all for your continued support!

The Team at Fat Shark

https://mailchi.mp/2d66c455f56a/development-update-shark-byte-may-5

1 Like

Thanks for all the info Nidge, I’ll have a good watch of that video tonight :+1:t2: Could be a very interesting option

It would be useful to try both really. The meet next month should have analogue, shark byte and dji fpv all in one place.
Dji has a the best picture, penetration and range at the moment, but with variable latency and blurry images when going fast.
I’m betting on shark byte improving so went with that. The picture is not as good, but the cameras available at the moment are no of a high quality. But there is fixed latency and shark images when going fast.
Analogue still has the best range though with the right vtx.

Horses for courses really.

1 Like

Having tried your set up and DJI fpv I was really impressed with the shark byte.

Definitely something on my Xmas list :grin:

1 Like

I have a feeling DJI have given up with FPV.

Reason1: Whenever DJI release a version 2 of something it’s usually a vast improvement/advancement over its predecessor. The V2 Goggles are the exception to this rule as apart from their compatibility with the FPV Drone there is no no difference from the V1 goggles.

Reason2: DJI recently announced they were ceasing production of their Air Units and have passed the manufacturing responsibility to Caddx.

Reason3: Since DJI released it they have shown the DJI FPV Drone no Love whatsoever. Every other drone they have released has at had least a couple of FW updates within weeks of their release, and the FPV Drone could certainly benefit from some updates if only to improve its flying characteristics and customisation.

DJI are chart toppers when it comes to camera drones, gimbals, cameras, but in the FPV world they will not equal Fatshark, TBS, IRC, Matek, GepRC, Skyzone, Diatone, and many more, as they cannot play nicely with others.

2 Likes

One of the main reasons I didn’t go down the HD route to start with, instead started on the anologe path.

2 Likes

Half the fun in fpv is building them. But that’s not the dji way I guess.
The dji system is good, and I hope caddx keeps it going. More importantly, hopefully the goggles will continue to be manufactured. That’s the biggie…

1 Like

I’m in two minds as you know @DeanoG60.

On the one hand ive lots of analogue gear and on the other I came from flying DJI and being used to hd clarity.

It’s a tough choice

It’s toys for the boys. I went with sb because I don’t trust dji, even though out of the box at the moment it has the better picture. I like where sb is going.

But really, something new will come out. And everyone will upgrade again. And again etc :sweat_smile:

1 Like

its an endless cycle of them taking my money !

2 Likes