Inspire 1's and spares

Hi John.

Ok, just to make absolutely sure - this is how DJI label left and right on the Inspire 1:

The arm is stamped in the “armpit” area with two circles, one blank and one with an L or R:

Of course the letter is closest to the interior of the aircraft but can be seen if you dangle it upside down

Please confirm that the arm you want is indeed an “L” and not an “R”

Easy to fit? - nothing is that easy on an Inspire. There are videos that help

Replacing boom only (the easier option in my view)

Replacing the arm entirely - All the videos I can find are timelapses without any commentary. You could examine them fraame by frame I suppose. This one is of a complete teardown and rebuild:

@PingSpike may be able to provide some insight if we’re lucky

There are also videos showing how to mend a broken boom with varying techniques - never tried them so not sure how effective they are. You can save your money and go that route if you think the repair will stand up to the stresses of flight.

As for payment if you decide to go ahead bank transfer or, at a pinch, PayPal would be the best options, PM me with your address and preferred payment method and I’ll give you the details.

Rob.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure it’s the Left side I need, but the memory’s not what it used to be! I’ll check later or in the morning when it’s stopped chucking down (it’s in the boot of the car)! I can do either way to pay, up to you mate. I’ll have this one:

“I have a complete assembly without motors or landing legs. That involves a reasonably hectic strip of your aircraft to access the hinge mechanism and to plug the power and ESC cables, attaching the motors, landing legs and ESCs from the old machine (bolts and plug-in cables and soldering each antenna to the thin cable. It comes with all cables pre-threaded through the tubes. £60 new, posted”

Money sent Rob. Thanks mate

John

Came yesterday, thanks mate.

1 Like