Inspire 2 zoom lens control

Hi
I bought my I2 yesterday and am drowning in manuals (not complaining, just info overload).

It came with two controllers, 1 to be used as a slave for the camera control.

I was fortunate enough to also have a zoom lens included in the purchase.

I’ve found I can zoom in and out by sliding my finger on the screen but wonder if there is any way of customising one of the buttons or wheels to perform this function as I found the screen method could be a little “hit & miss” and not all that smooth.

Any hints would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Pete

Which camera and lens setup do you have @PJ1300 mate?

With the Zenmuse Z3 in a single controller setup you can press and hold the C2 button then move the controller wheel to adjust the zoom.

Or in a two-controller setup you can use the right stick on the slave / camera remote to control the zoom.

Hi
Thanks for getting back to me.

It’s the X5 and a Cannon zoom lens.

Using the std controller I can operate the zoom using an on screen slider but it’s not very smooth or that controllable.

Just wondering if and combination of buttons or wheels or sticks might be available?

Pete

Did you try C1/C2 and the wheel?

Actually, just found a post I made earlier that says C2 and the left wheel (not the right wheel) - try that?

Thanks, I’ll give it a go.

I’ve got a Panasonic 14-42 zoom for my Inspire 2, there is no way of configuring the wheels or any combination of buttons and wheels to zoom but if anyone knows of a way I’m all ears.

Zoom might be possible with the Cendense TX…:man_shrugging:

I find licking a finger before scrolling cheaper than the Cendence… top tip use glasses cleaning wipes for your finger tip and screen, fold the wipe back up and replace it back into it’s packet to keep it from drying out ready for the next wipe.

Have you tried a C1/C2 + left wheel combo Lance? I’m pretty sure it’s not documented anywhere…

How does the Mavic 2 Zoom work via the remote? The I2 will probably be the same? Where as the I1 firmware is a completely different beast.

I use C2 + right wheel to adjust gimbal roll on the fly too, which also works with Litchi, which tells me it’s a drone setting and not an app setting?

Yeah - that’s the one I didn’t realise I was accidentally catching in my early days and could never understand why the horizon kept going off. :rofl:

1 Like

Inspire 2, C1/C2 left wheel combo works the FPV camera pitch, same combo with right wheel makes a cup of tea…:clown_face:

And, if you go into wherever it is that you can change the functions attributable to the wheel/switch combos, is “zoom” not a selectable option? (When connected to the inspire with zoom lens attached, obviously though I’m sure you’ll have already checked that. :wink: )

Is this an option?

It’s been a while since I used GO3 and even longer since I used GO4. I know you can map C1/C2 single-press actions, I though the combo actions were hard coded…

You’ve got me wondering now :thinking:

That said, Litchi can map C1/C2 actions too, can’t it? Wonder if that support combo-button options?

I’m certainly not 100% certain as to which you can map. I was just throwing the thought out there.

1 Like

The Zoom seems so perfect for wheel control rather than slidey-finger-on-screen-thing.

Hi
Thanks for the suggestions. I tried it on both wheel and button combo but no luck. It may well be a case of configuration in the app so I’ll keep reading and experimenting over the next few days (weathers rubbish so not as if I’m missing out on flight time :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:).
Take care. Pete

I should have mentioned that my camera is the X5S, I also have the manual for it which doesn’t cover any zoom.
I’ve read the entire Inspire TX Manual too and unless I’ve missed it there’s no mention of zoom.

There’s a FPV zoom configuration but that just zooms the FPV screen to the middle.

No mention on YouTube by anyone either that I could find,so I’ve go used to licking my finger and wiping it on my jeans to get a good response from the touch screen.

Tried the slave controller too…

1 Like

I don’t have a zoom lens for my X5 so I can’t test this myself.

I wonder if it’s only the Zenmuse Z3 that supports zoom via the controller natively then?

1 Like

Does using the stick on a second controller work to control the zoom on the X5?

And whilst in that slave mode, any options to reconfigure the default settings?

Z … :thinking: … Zoom? :wink:

I know older MFT cameras (like my old one - that came out before any MFT power-zoom lens were available) would accept a power zoom lens … but the only way of using it was with the power-zoom slider on the lens.

Only MFT cameras subsequent to the introduction of power-zoom lenses had zoom control from the camera body (albeit some had firmware updates to enable it).

Might be a similar tech (implementation) divide between X5 and Z3.