Inspired for Inspire 2

Being kept indoors by the rains, I had to occupy myself with drone related things….:grin:

These are the Mk4’s for the strobe Cree, looking to create a bottom mount for the Inspire 2 too.

These are for the arms…

Also FPV…:thinking:

2 Likes

looks good , is that a seperate piece to hold strobe mount onto FPV? you making those too? I’ve still not got to grips with flying in manual on mine lol, work/weather/holidays and the fact that goggles crash when i use them for practice on DJI virtual fly app ( something i reported to them 4 months ago and still no fix found) plus i bought s/hand Mini2 and have been playing with that lol.

Yes, the brace around the FPV is separate, bought from Smallrig.com but now discontinued.

I was in the process of designing one but it’s more for exercise…

Just take your time, no need to feel you need to do fancy stuff, fly within your comfort zone…

1 Like

This will mount under the inspire, the mount being standard GoPro dimensions means one can mount anything too.

Pre-print assembly, found a dimensional mistake which would have made the whole thing useless…

1 Like

Things just evolve as soon as a porotype hits your hand i.e. once printed…

A stand alone to mount under the inspire 2

Combine with mounting lugs for Lume Cube or action camera…
Printing as I post…

1 Like

Low light / night flight 700M
here we come……

1 Like

The hole is for the switch?

Yes, thin prod to switch it on and off

1 Like

Finally the mounts for on the Inspire arms…

Test fit of the Lume Cube…

1 Like

One thing I needed was a tool other than a watchmakers screw drive to poke in to press the switch.

Sooo :thinking:
Print a custom tool…

2 Likes

Update….

Lume cube can be networked with GoPro via iPhone app or stand alone for mode control.

3 Likes

Things have morphed from Inspire to FPV drone which has led me to print TPU for the first time ever. I need to fine tune the printer despite some really goodish prints from a PLA profile.

MK1

MK2

MK2 finished, slimed down and thinner diffuser.

Short Test clip…

https://youtu.be/pvAmdSHLfq8

Once you start…

Now the rear end of the Inspire…

I’ve got to get out and fly… :man_facepalming:

Next version should be hinged one end and clipped the other end, so you don’t need a screw driver each time you need to charge them up :thinking:

You could also ditch the hole then too.

:thinking:

Thought about it and although it’s possible it’s just not practical, I tend to charge all strobes at once from a six gang usb hub. The other thing is trusting the hinge and clip as they will turn brittle in time due to ultraviolet exposure, I trust the screwed method as it’s less likely for something to come loose and end up in a propeller.

The only thing I’ve changed is printing the rear mount from clear PLA so as to be able to see the status LED lights…

1 Like

@Njoro Lance, what software are you using to design theses mounts?