Introduction : Brendan - Wells, Somerset

Morning everyone! Thanks for letting me join the Greyarrows. I am completely new to this game (drone flying) and so have got lots to learn. In past week I have got my A1 and A3 licence and also completed the FPV test and so take advantage of the benefits of FPV membership. I am keen amateur photographer and so bought the DJI Air 2S. Plan to do my first flight this weekend. Look forward to receiving any support and advice. All the best, Brendan.

3 Likes

Hi @Doyleecart and welcome to Grey Arrows :wave:t2:

Have you seen our members map? (Click the burger-menu in the top right) You may find some pilots living near you. Feel free to add yourself to the members map too :+1:t2:

We’re a well established club with many knowledgeable members so it’s very likely that any issues you come across will have been discussed here before. Our discussion forum has very powerful search features which should help you find what you need but if you get stuck you can post a new question in the #questions-and-answers category.

Looking for recommendations of places to fly? Check out our interactive map on Drone Scene - be sure to log in to gain access to the full suite of features and map layers:

And please feel free to add locations of your own too.

Please also take a moment to look at the Membership Levels section on our FAQ as we’re quite different to other clubs and you’ll be eligible for some rather exclusive club discounts as your membership level increases :blush:

Welcome once again!

3 Likes

Many thanks for the message of introduction. I am completely new to drone flying and so look forward to taking advantage of the skills, experience and comradery the forum has to offer. Again, many thanks for allowing me to join! All the best.

@milkmanchris thanks for the welcome note. Will be looking to find my way around the site over the coming days. Cheers @Doyleecart

1 Like

Hi Brendan - welcome to GADC :+1: :+1: :+1:

1 Like

@Jhdee many thanks!

Welcome to the club Brendan :+1:

1 Like

Welcom, @Doyleecart.

Thanks for adding yourself to the members’ map. :+1:

I edited the thread title with your location - this helps those more local to you to come and say hi.

1 Like

Cheers! @OzoneVibe

Appreciate it, will have a look in a minute. cheers.

Many thanks @notveryprettyboy ! :pray:

Appreciate the warm welcome from everyone! :wave:

Welcome from the Black Country mate

1 Like

Grateful for the warm Black Country welcome. Greeting from Zider Country :wave:

Enjoy your first flight, top drone to start with.

1 Like

Welcome Brendan to GADC from the other side of the M5 :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Chillibadger many thanks for the message. I was tempted to get a sub 250g drone and save a lot of admin etc but wanted drone which could shoot in RAW. Also if you are going to do something you may as well go for it. :grinning:

Cheers @DroneGeek ! Good to hear from you. Might bump into you at one of the West Country attractions!

1 Like

Mini 2 and 3 both shoot raw ;o)

1 Like

:kissing_closed_eyes: :kissing_closed_eyes: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I went with Air 2S having seen my mates use it in low light conditions. Anyway nothing like a challenge, help keep the grey cells ticking over :grinning: