Ipad Glitch?

Agreed Brian!!! :+1:

Unfortunately I donā€™t think itā€™s possible to get a health report on the iPad since iOS 12. I used to use a third party APP on my iPad Air but Apple released FW update that prevented access to this information. Now itā€™s only possible to display usage over time in the settings menu.

Nidge

Yeah I think your right Nidge. I used my old iPad Air cos I cleared all the junk out of memory and reset it so there wasnā€™t anything to corrupt the Go 4 app. Anyways Iā€™ll use my new iPad for now and get a new battery fitted to the air. Thanks for all your help mate :+1:

If youā€™re a Mac user Coconut Battery is rally good and free and will give you a health report (not sure if similar windoze apps are available)

Iā€™ll try that one Milkmanchris. It wonā€™t hurt to use something like that just to check. Apple are beggars for adding and taking away but I guess they have their reasons. Not an Android lover myself as in ā€œmy opinionā€ Apple is more stable which in drone flying is essential.

1 Like

Itā€™s not possible to get battery health in iOS for my iPad Pro either, just checked after seeing your post. Iā€™ve checked the iPhone 7 Plus and thatā€™s telling me my battery is at 87% health wise so maybe that, plus the cold flying day with no case on it is why it drained so quickly for me on my last outing.

1 Like

Thanks for that wpbooth. Iā€™m going to take all comments on board for sure which this website is all about. Iā€™ve learned a lot in the short time Iā€™ve been a member and want to thank everyone who has answered my questions. No doubt this thread has helped and will help others too.
Cheers guys :+1:

1 Like

Little late to the party sorry :joy: This is a known iPad glitch! If you havenā€™t already tried then :- The recommendation is to do a hard reset thatā€™s press the On button & Home button and hold till Apple logo appears then let go Always try to use original Apple leads and chargers Hope Iā€™m not trying to teach you to suck eggs here :blush: if I am then apologies

1 Like

Morning iGo-droning,
Thanks for the tip, so Iā€™ve done as you suggested and will take on board all of the other tips and thoughts from the others that joined this thread. All we need now is some decent weather to try things out. I also hope that others who have experienced this glitch have learned as much as I have from you guys. Every day a school day! Cheers :+1:

I object your honour - I am an eBay seller as well as a buyer ā€”oh wait, on second thoughts i overule my own objection :slight_smile:

1 Like

If its very cold I use a floppy neoprene sleeve around the iPad instead of the usual plastic case - found one on eBay - now that really does keep the heat generated firmly in place around the back of the iPadā€¦Im finding I can fly 3 batteries from 100% to 30% and the iPad has only gone down from 100% to 70% so the battery must be happy.

That sounds a plan mate. Iā€™ll have a gander at that. I know just how that iPad felt that day so Iā€™m not surprised it shut down :cold_face:

1 Like

Have you not seen their TV advert boasting many sellers are individuals :see_no_evil: :wink: