Islay and Jura

Just back from a week on Islay- still a novice but had my Mavic Air 2 flying on 3 occasions.
Trying some Raw (dng) files with post in Luminar AI and some .jpg shots all with auto settings.

1. List item

14 Likes

They are great! Brilliant scenery and seals as well🙂

Nice photos Martin :+1:t2: Was you tempted into a sip or two of Laphroaig Whisky while you where there? :wink:

Unfortunately nearly all the distilleries (9 on the island) are still closed to visitors or only open by pre arranged visits. Laphroaig had a very Hebridean drone policy - if you don’t ask we can’t say no - and if no one is around on the foreshore who’s going to object :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

Yes the seals seem to be quite relaxed about the drone flying over. The zoom on the Air 2 is useful when concerned about wildlife being disturbed.

Great set Martin :+1: :+1: :+1:

These add the Coastal Flyer Badge to your profile. :+1:

I’m off to Islay this Friday - mostly to enjoy some whisky tours! I saw your note about their very “…Hebridean Drone Policy…” :wink:

I will be taking my Mini2 as it’s so convienent with travel (and slightly more discrete). Has anyone had any issues flying in Scotland? Winds will be down to <20mph so should just about be ok - although I don’t think I’ll be venturing too far out to sea!!

Tips, comments, suggestions all welcome! :smiley:

Nothing of concern apart from the weather, the airport on Islay, and too much of the liquid gold!!!
Enjoy your visit

1 Like

I especially like photo No 2 with the 2 small houses and mountain backdrop, it just needs to be brightened and colours enhanced to make it a really great shot. Well done.