Italy - north of mostly

Some of you may recall from another thread that I’m off to the Cineuqe Terre area in early October to meet up with friends from around Europe that also happen to be photographers. It’s our 7th or 8th such meetup.

Anyway, due to the nature of flights I’m staying on in the country for 2 full and 2 bit extra days and looking for suggestions of places you’d want to go or could recommend for me to a. fly my drone and take pics / video and b. take pics with my DSLR. As per my title this is mostly the Northern part of Italy and specifically Tuscany and nearby areas.

One place I want to go back to (sans family) is San Gimingano (or St Jimmy Jammies as my family named it) - I suspect this will be purely DSLR type photography though due to tne natureof this town,

So come on folks - tell me where you’ve flown / taken pics or plan to and why?

My current thinking is:

Part day 1 - leave AirBnB and make my way to San Gimingano / Siena / Arezzo area stay overnight here.
Day 2 - head to San Marino for a day then head up to outskirts of Venice stay overnigth here
Day 3 - Spend day in Venice, shoot sunrise and sunset if weather allows and generally be a tourist
Part day 4 - early start to Pisa - do a tourist bits then fly home.

Any - forget that or how about …? No accommodation yet booked for these extra nights so 100% flexible.

8 posts were merged into an existing topic: Flying in italy