Jittery & Jumpy Recordings - Mini 2 any advice?

For those I’ve used with my drone, none of them has been as much as £175. :+1:
They’ve all been dedicated phones for drone flying, absolute minimum crap and no SIM.
(I do currently have an expensive phone as a phone. An eye-watering £300! :fearful:)

So, don’t be swayed into thinking big bucks is the answer.

@OldSoulBoy I just tested my Mini 2 with my Huawei Mediapad M5 Lite with Dji Fly app V1.4.2 in the back garden and it worked perfectly, I had Aircraft mode switched on and all other app’s forced closed

I also found that the Media files upload in the flight logs has been fixed :slightly_smiling_face:

I don’t know what else to suggest :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Cheers, I’ve ordered a new data USB C to Micro USB cable in case it is that.

Failing that its a factory reset of the tablet next.

Chances are, if it was the cable, then you’d be getting connection drop-outs for the video feed to your device and telemetry, too. It’s just one data connection down which everything travels, and it won’t know how to be selective with just one aspect.

1 Like

OK, update no 3. Reset the tablet back to factory settings. Downloaded the Fly app (1.4.2) and it’s still doing it but it’s not just when recording. It’s when it’s just connected and I move it around by hand. Also, the app transitions between settings and pages are not smooth and instant. No other third party apps installed, just the DJI Fly.

Now with all I’ve done and the fact it was perfectly OK before last Sunday’s flight and seeing as it’s perfectly OK with my S10 phone I can only think it’s the transmission speed of the cable in some way. We’ll see when a new one arrives tomorrow.

And a further update.

Downloaded the DJI FLy app on to the girlfriends Huawei M5 Lite, same as mine and exactly the same jittery images and slow app transitions/pages.

Found a short USB C to Micro USB cable and just managed to connect it. The same.

Tried Galaxy S10 again and works fine, smooth as silk.

Anyone got any ideas?

Not the drone gimbal or camera as works on S10
Not the cable as I’ve swapped it out for another
Not the tablet as tried it on girlfriends M5

Now I’m thinking it’s got to be the app itself.

Anyone know how I can get a hold of a previous Android version. The DJI Download page isn’t any help.

https://www.apkmirror.com/?post_type=app_release&searchtype=apk&s=dji+fly

WOOHOOO! Problem solved. Many thanks @OzoneVibe

Uninstalled version 1.4.2 of the DJI Fly App. Rolled the it back to 1.3.0 and it worked fine. Uninstalled that and rolled back to 1.4.0 and that works fine too.

Conclusion…Latest update of the Go Fly app (1.4.2) doesn’t work well with the Huawei M5 Lite, or it doesn’t with neither mine or the girlfriends.

Thank you GADC community. Every piece of information helped narrow the culprit down :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

2 Likes

And tomorrow you will have a spare cable. :crazy_face: