Jurassic Coast Land Slip

Left there now and headed back to Dorchester instead, I had thought about going to west bay that would have been incredible to capture the fall :joy:

1 Like

Thanks Steve :+1:

1 Like

Excellent shots!

1 Like

Was it golden cap?

I walked that a couple of times. Then caught the bus back to Lyme from Seatown.

2 Likes

Yes mate :clap: looked like quite a nice place with holiday homes. :+1:

2 Likes

It was a beautiful walk from Lyme. Through farmers fields. Past the cows and the sheep and the odd bull. There was a lot of coastal erosion the last time I walked it. Fantastic view. Such a shame. First time I did that walk was 2012.

Love the Jurassic Coast. I’ve been fossilling there loads of times.
Lyme Regis is one of my favourite places in Dorset.

Very beautiful part of the world.

I bet there are loads of “fossilling maniacs” around there now. The risks they take to collect fossils. One girlfriend I took to Lyme was fossilling mad. She just wouldn’t let up. Just 5 more minutes.

It was like listening to Charlie in Snatch

5 Likes

If you get back down there, head to Eype, next beach along, normally a lot less busy than west bay or burton bradstock but still gives you that broadchurch feel

2 Likes

I’ll try that, thanks for the tip :+1:

2 Likes

Went back, mrs felt she missed out on the fun so ended up in west bay, not worth getting the drone out for this slip. Still worth it for the views

4 Likes

Ah nice, I took loads of footage at West Bay before heading over to the land slip. Hopefully get round to editing soon.

At the end of your photo… is that were the little stream is? That’s where I flew from for the first hour.

4 Likes

Gave up walking in that direction and went for the sunset up the hill, no flying just enjoying

6 Likes

Beautiful mate! Well have to set a meet there soon :+1:

Side note: How frickin hard is it to walk on that sandy shingle stuff! Or was it just me :man_facepalming: my calfs were killing. :rofl:

Sounds like a plan, I come down this way no where as often as I should consider I all my friends and family are here.

Yup…Feel like I’ve walked a marathon today like a crab

1 Like

:rofl::rofl:

Great pics, hope no one was under it at the time!

1 Like

Thank you, I’ve not heard of anything and I would of thought a missing person’s report would of been published by now. :crossed_fingers:

Spoke to a local today that said it happened at 2am in the morning with a really loud noise, but confirmed no one was on the beach

2 Likes

Thats good to hear that no one would of been round.
I bet that made a hell of a rumble in the dead silence of the night :scream:

2 Likes

But if no one was there to hear it, did it make a sound? :thinking: :grin:

3 Likes

Very valid point :joy::joy: do, do, doo, doo (sci-fi sound effect) not baby shark! :wink:

1 Like