Just a lighthouse

I headed down the Clyde Coast yesterday hoping to get my M2P up but the weather was worse than forecast with very strong winds and heavy squally showers. Grabbed a few photos with my Fuji XT3 as some more heavy showers moved in.
Info: 3 image pano stitched in LR, toned using Silver Efex Pro 2, 1/400sec @ f7.1, 160iso

11 Likes

Amazing :clap: really like that. Your signature on there in white would set that off beautifully.

2 Likes

Thanks, good idea :+1:t2:

2 Likes

Absolutely loving these monochrome images youre making @Drumsagard :heart_eyes: Might have to give it a go myself

2 Likes

Doing this now and not getting anywhere near the quality :cry:

2 Likes

Thanks for the comments guys. :+1:t2: If the weather isn’t great when I’m out I tend to think mono when I’m creating images. The lighthouse pic was made up of two separate copies (of the three image pano raw), one had been processed in LR for the sky/highlights and the other for the foreground/sea & lighthouse. These were then blended using a layer mask in PS. The selenium toning, vignette and border were all done using Nik Software Silver Efex Pro 2 which is done on a separate layer, you then blend the layers to your taste. I used to do this years ago in a darkroom, it’s so much easier now in PS.

2 Likes

seriously good John, you should think about taking this up as a career
:grinning:

2 Likes

:laughing: :laughing: