Just Got a Drone - New from Wavertree, Liverpool

Hi All im Tottaly New to this, just picked up a Phantom 3 , very happy with it had a little go of it in a feild, im in Wavertree Liverpool looking to meet upin Liverpool Wirrel St helens and have a proper fly, just saying hello to everybody.

regards john

1 Like

Hi John welcome to GADC you will find the members on here are very helpful, I’m over the water from you in New Brighton.
Regards Dave

Hi Dave, as i said have no idea where to fly i have heard Hoylake, if ever your out & about i would love to tag along.

regards john

Hi John, I will be at the dips in New Brighton tomorrow morning as it’s a great place to start off in with great views
Regards Dave

Hi @Clockmaker and welcome to Grey Arrows :wave:t2:

Have you seen our members map? (Click the burger-menu in the top right) You may find some pilots living near you. Feel free to add yourself to the members map too :+1:t2:

We’re a well established club with many knowledgable members so it’s very likely that any issues you come across will have been discussed here before. Our discussion forum has very powerful search features which should help you find what you need but if you get stuck you can post a new question in the #questions-and-answers category.

Looking for recommendations of places to fly? Check out our interactive map on Drone Scene - be sure to log in to gain access to the full suite of features and map layers:

Where To Fly Your Drone in the UK

Find places to fly your Drone (UAV) in the UK and share your favourite flying locations with other hobbyists pilots.

And please feel free to add locations of your own too.

Please also take a moment to look at the Membership Levels section on our FAQ as we’re quite different to other clubs and you’ll be eligible for some rather exclusive club discounts as your membership level increases :blush:

Welcome once again!

Hi Dave, thanks for getting back, I probably won’t make it tomorrow due to work , my time is flexible but I booked a few jobs in tomorrow which I caint get out of, if it’s ok could I chime in from time to time to see if your out and about, by the way where is the dips ?.

Regards John

Hi John yes get in touch anytime the dips are on the sea front mate you can’t miss them as there big grass areas I will be there again on Thursday morning if the weather holds out.
Regards Dave

The dips John

Oh I recognize it now, do you go there other times,

Hello John and Dave, I’m also in Wavertree. Perhaps we can meet up over the water some time. If you don’t mind, I’ll look for you on the dips if I get over there this week. All the best.

I’m on my way over to the dips, should be there about 10.15 if anyone is interested.
Regards john

1 Like

Hi mate yes come along and meet up your welcome
Regards Dave

Some photos of today at the dips in New Brighton, met up with John

5 Likes

Running away to the circus ?

2 Likes

Enjoyed my hour or so talking to Dave in the dips, very impressed with his mini 2 DPI drone got to get myself one of them :+1::+1::+1:

It was nice to meet you John, did you sort your camera out

Recalibrated the tumble seems fine now, time will tell​:pray::pray:

Hi Folks, won’t be there this morning, I have a prior commitment I have to deal with. I’ll be in touch shortly, cheers.

Ok mate no problem take care
Regards Dave

I had a good few hours again today, it was very calm on the Mersey just a Ferry heading out.

2 Likes