Just Got a Drone - New from Wavertree, Liverpool

Looks Calm, it’s a nice day to day, hope to get there next Thursday :+1::+1::+1:

Hi, do you ever TOAL from the beach when tides permit?

I have not had the drone long so not done very much, but hopefully will change all that

There’s some amazing sun sets in New Brighton, never done one with a Drone though. Would be easier to take off on the beach, I just wondered if there’s a problem with doing that.
Was thinking of going one evening after Bank Holiday Monday is out of the way. Usually very busy with people on holiday evenings.

Hi Jeff, I’m unable to due to having a prosthetic leg with a hydraulic ankle as the sand would cause damage but there’s still enough places for me to TOAL and still fly over the beach and get my enjoyment.
Regards Dave

1 Like

Thanks Dave, maybe meet up one day on the dips then.

Yes Jeff certainly meet up one day
Regards Dave

I’m based in Stockport, but lived most of my life in Dingle only a mile inland from the River edge, so have a few times been back down to the River Front close to where the old festival garden site was, it’s a great place to fly from, I have the Mavic 2 Pro & it easily crosses the Mersey from one side to the other with rock solid signal, have had some great videos earlier on in the year doing this, you should give that location a try, not had any problems with birds etc, & because its wide open down there you can see for miles.

3 Likes

Hi all,

Just joined too and I am in the Huyton area of Liverpool. Looking for decent places to fly. Thought of going around St. George’s Hall and the Library area in town. Any restrictions on doing that? I have a DJI Mavic Mini and the DJI Fly app says there are no restrictions at all.

Hi Glen, welcome from a fellow scouser.

If you are new drones and model aircraft, St Georges Hall isn’t a great place to start! If you have experience and are flying a mini then you should be OK with a bit of knowledge of the regs just incase you are stopped by any of the local authorities as it is a high traffic area. I’d love to fly down there!!

Hi , you would be absolutely fine in the likes of wavertee mystery park, or there is a grassed area by Roby I caint remember the name just at the side of the m62 no problems there, you will be ok in most places with the Mavic mini but most of us prefer not to have people around us, I would not go to st George’s hall or areas like that you risk someone pulling you up and asking you questions and who needs that, I like getting out on Thursdays am, drop me a line if you want a meet up.

I find the best times to fly are early in the morning or sunset. Not many people around, better lighting, great sunrise and sunsets. Places lit up at night look great too. Watch out for Scouse seagulls around town especially at the waterfront.

3 Likes