Just Lost my first Drone!

I am not suggesting you’re lazy, just suggesting that it may still be found. But with no clue (data) as to where it is, only you know the area that it’s lost in. Whether you continue searching, or go down the refurb route, good luck :+1:

4 Likes

Not to worry, it wasn’t intended as a statement for anyone in particular :face_with_hand_over_mouth:, but rather how it must sound when others will spend alot more time and effort trying to find their drone. I’ve never lost a drone before and was in a kind of “panic mode” at the time.

Could we see if we can sort out this missing AIRDATA data you are (all) asking for. I thought I had provided the link to this, but clearly I have missed something. I thought I just turned off the “include details” section that might have included personal data.

Do folks here just usually include everything?

Usually, or maybe omit your full name if you want ?

If its flown from your back garden maybe omit the exact location

2 Likes

OK, let me take another look at that now.

OK, I have omitted my name and the drone serial numbers, but everything else should be here. Can someone confirm for me please?

There doesn’t appear anything unusual about the flight. No warnings, just stops dead :thinking:

I’d query the Maven app on this.

I’ve never seen a flight record just end like that on all my miles with Litchi and GO/FLY ;o(

This. I did note that the “first flight of the day, which was carried out just fine” was done with the DJI app.

What happened

Did the app crash? was the drone set to RTH on signal loss?

The ending of the data with no notification warning is strange

Did you wait at the home point or did you rush off to find it?

Looks like it was a waypoint flight, have you done a waypoint flight before with the Maven App?

Log would suggest home point was never updated (or set)

To answer your questions;

• The app did not crash, it functioned just as it had on previous occasions.

• The RTH was set for signal loss or disconnection (on the Maven app).

• I waited at the RTH location for some time before deciding to go and see if I could find it. I also walked up and down the road in order to try and reacquire the signal. It just stopped dead.

• Since starting to use the Maven app I have completed 12 waypoint flights. There has never been a problem before this.

1 Like

Are u able to share a previous one?, I’m wondering what data it records in a normal (got back home safe) mission ?

1 Like

Does this not point to the RTH having been set?

1 Like

I will dig one of the others out and share. It won’t be from the same day though.

1 Like

No, below one of my logs

Thats fine, to establish what data is recorded on a maven flight

1 Like

Here’s a Maven flight from a couple of days previous. You can tell its a Maven flight because it’s far more precise (seriously though, this matches the log files in the Maven app).

It’s also a different location.

OK, so I’ll be honest and say that I have never noticed the home point being set at any other time than when I take off.

One thing I do recall (honestly, I have pretty much been processing this all night long - on and off) is that after the connection was lost I waited to see if it would follow its programming and return. When it didn’t I pressed the RTH button manually to see if that would trigger a response.

When I have tested RTH previously the controller would always emit a twin beep while the drone was returning in RTH mode, this time it only emitted a single repeating beep. I had never heard that before.

You said you have done a DJIFLY flight before this fatal one.

Any chance the app was still running ?

Yes, that is a possibility!

I have never been very clear on whether I needed that closed before using the Maven app or whether it can stay open. I know that when Maven lost the signal I immediately opened the DJI Go 4 app (it’s [was] a GO4 based controller) and tried to see if that could regain the signal.

This was my concern, did you force close the DJI app?

1 Like