Just want to say thanks to our club, its members and mods

I joined this wonderful club almost 4 years ago (24th October 2017) after a kind invite from @PingSpike (Rich) - with whom we later had the first GreyArrows meet-up when I went round to his house for a demo and chat.

I was semi-forced into a bit of an absence from drone things but re-established myself on here earlier this year and it’s no understatement to say that I have never regretted coming back to the drone fold, especially with you friendly bunch, not for a single moment.

Around the time of my return to the fold (start of this year) I invested in a DJI Mini 2 (bloody hell, what cracking little quad). Did my DMARES (97%), that started the fire to learn more so in early March did my A2CofC (97%). I wanted more so I invested further in a DJI Air 2 in order to study for my GVC and pass the OE flight test. The training company I had used for the A2CofC, UAVHUB, offered me a large discount for being an existing customer which, of course, I duly accepted. The Air 2 really came into its own re practising for the OE manoeuvres - cracking little bird! Seven weeks ago I passed the GVC theory exam (100%) and two weeks ago passed the OE flight exam (97% -‘A’).

This isn’t intended to be a ‘look how good I am’ - far from it! Without the continuing advice learned by reading the member’s contributions (and at time posting some of my own!) and support from these very forums I don’t believe that I would be where I am in my drone life with the courses I’ve been successful with, and the drones I now have (Mini2, Air 2S, DJI FPV) the greatest of pleasure flying with on a very regular basis. You lot, 99.9% of the time (no-one’s perfect!), are fantastic with both newbies and experienced pilots alike and if this isn’t the best drone forum, club, clan, group of people in the country then I don’t know what is.

So thank you one and all from a very grateful old giffer up here in Lancashire.
Safe flying and stay safe.
Barry

25 Likes

Good to have you back, Barry :+1:t2:

I think you’ve really caught the drone bug now eh :smiley:

3 Likes

I’d agree with that. Unlike some forums I’m a member of everyone I’ve interacted with on GADC has been very civilised and pleasant. I’d even go as far as to say there aren’t any tossers on here. :+1:

3 Likes

Phew. That’s a brave statement… :wink:

Have to say I completely agree with the above. I have been to some dark corners of the internet where people have a problem with this forum for some reason. I’ve never been able to understand why - probably more to do with their own problems than anything else.

I’ve had nothing but positive interactions and I’ve found this forum essentially over the past 18 months or so as I’ve been learning the ropes.

Cheers to all involved.

3 Likes

I suppose I should have qualified it by saying I hadn’t met any yet, but so far, so good. :grinning: