Kirkby Lonsdale, River Lune - Added to Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty in North West

I have just added this to the map of places to fly your drone at Drone Scene:

Land owner permission requirements unknown.

Beautiful part of the world especially on a glorious day like today with plenty of jumpers off Devils Bridge.
Some parking at what3words /// The simplest way to talk about location but that can be full early morning, although people come & go all day. Lots of other parking in the town itself.

The originator declared that this location was not inside a Flight Restriction Zone at the time of being flown on 18/07/2021. It remains the responsibility of any pilot to check for any changes before flying at the same location.

8 Likes

Great video, brings back memories of when I used to go there on Sunday as a biker. Days long gone now.
Still got to be damn brave to jump from up there.
Thanks for posting that one.

1 Like

Location of my first open water scuba dive :slight_smile:

1 Like

It was a group of about 4 lads doing all the jumping and the one lady who swam off after getting a massive cheer.

Sorry to be a party pooper but its still illegal to jump off there and only last week someone had to be rescued and the air ambulance was required. I understand they suffered life change injuries. :cry:

Lovely place, i just don’t agree with footage of people doing this. Aside from that part of the video, great clip.

It certainly is illegal and there’s clear signs saying so but on a warm sunny afternoon, where were those with the power to stop them? Probably intentionally keeping well clear of the place. No doubt after a serious incident they’ll be around every day, sad it takes such an incident for them to do their jobs.

I think it’s like everything else in this country, there’s been so many cuts made that they simply don’t have the ‘manpower’ to be there all day. It’s a shame that it needs policing at all, what has happened to people doing the right thing.
I’m starting to sound like an old fart now! Lol :joy:

1 Like