Litchi Map Preference

Finally got Litchi on Smart Controller after confirming with Flycarus that using Litchi is a recognised 3rd party app and does not affect any claim, and being a new user of Litchi I would just like some advice from you litchi users on which map - any real difference or advantage installing Google map, cheers

This is an interesting one.

Ive purchased Litchi for the smart controller but as yet have not tested it out on my SC. Is Google maps an option?

I only ask as users on DJI forum were wondering/struggling with how to get Google Maps onto the SC when google play services do not install properly on the SC.

Is Google Maps kind of side loaded through Litchi then ?

@sunstone I have installed on SC but not tested also, yes the Google maps needs to be installed separately hoping to test once wind drops.

1 Like

Aaaah. Cheers for that. A task me laters! :ok_hand:

Google Play services crashing all the time (and the notifications that come with it in the middle of a flight!) will drive you insane.

You’ll be uninstalling it again in no time :blush:

That was my very first experience of Google Services when I first installed it back when I got it. It was a mare. is it still the same then ?

Very much so :confused:

I will just carry on using map box not taking any chances until I am convinced the issues are fixed on SC

The Google Play services issue will never be fixed Gary :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

Thanks Rich actually its no real problem using Mapbox it just doesn’t look as sharp as google but can live with that :+1:

1 Like

I find in Litchi I tend to use Satellite when creating/flying missions. Much more detail for precise positioning of waypoints and POIs.

1 Like