Little Chalfont Meet

Your filters worked really well with those pics. Interesting to appreciate the ‘tree line’ was circa 450m from H… Admittedly into the sun but we were really struggling to spot the birds at that distance.

Got some twitchy bum moments flying over to the DeVere Latimer Hotel with @nigeljohnson73 as although within reg range, the trees killed the signal strength.

Meets are lots of fun :+1:… Learn loads

1 Like

agree. Better not drink and fly.
Nice to know that I’m not the only one NOT on FB

It “makes up” the sky to intentionally create a 2x1 format panorama for correctly using in a 360 panorama viewer … as per : Interactive 360 Panoramas - How To Post on GADC (albeit the “made up” bit in the example there is a manually added solid blue).

The “made up” bit is what is vertically above you … and, what the M2P creates actually looks quite stunning when seen in a 360 viewer : Example

A 360 image is never designed to be seen “in 2 D” as per your post above, because there is so much distortion that enables a full sphere viewer to realign.

1 Like

Hey Ozone
I completely forgot about Kuula.

1 Like

That does make sense. The difference is quite jarring though. But I guess using a polariser doesn’t help. Thanks :slight_smile:

Yup - the blue from the polariser would probably lend itself to an obvious manually added blue …. or just white … before uploading to Kuula.

It’s a great pic, though, that deserves to be seen properly in 360. I hope you upload. :+1: Don’t forget to post in the #panos category if you do … add to the Pano-Mania - (aka The Great Pano Thread) thread if you want.

2 Likes

That is much better :slight_smile:

Going to cross post now

5 Likes

CRIKEY!

Full screen that’s so punchy!! Really good!

… and the ground detail means you really never look up and see the fill.

Gets you the Birds Eye Viewer Badge, too. :+1:

3 Likes

Yeah, I’m pretty impressed with this little* camera :smiley: no tweaking was performed on this image, it’s all out of the camera.

*I’m used to a full-frame Nikon with hooning pro lenses on, but this blew me away, and will definitely have a place in my camera bag once I get the hang of piloting it and the confidence to launch it :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi Nigel
I REALLY love that 360 pano. I’ve not tried to create one yet. Was it wasy on Kuula? Did you upload the raw pics - or the one created in ICE? I tried previously but gave up as I couldn’t work out how to get the size of the picture correct - plus how to add in sky etc…

The drone did it all. I did naaahhhhthing :slight_smile:

I got nowhere with the individual images. I used Photoshop and lightroom but the horizon wandered all over the place. I looked to get my autopano giga in on the action but kolor seemed to disappear in October 2018 which is a bit of a git.

2 Likes

Indeed, @anon52324101, one distinct advantage of the M2P/M2Z is their ability to create a far higher res panorama stitch than our drones … and exposure control seems superior too.

1 Like

Cool but what did you upload to kuula? Like 50 pics?

Why would you need to? As I just said, the M2P/M2Z create the hi-res stitched image. You just upload it.

1 Like

The stiched image off the drone sraight off the SD card up to kuula.

1 Like

Interesting… I tried a couple of these and I don’t think Litchi created a single file. Perhaps because it didn’t complete potentially. I stitched together as a simple Pano in ICE and got mixed results

This one is ok:

But this is weird:

Could be the perspective and angles I was using. The second one is of a round building and I was roofline (pretty much)

Can you do interactive Pano’s “around” a building? That would be cool!

Litchi doesn’t.

If you use the Go4 app with the M2P to create a 360 pano, it creates the stiched hi-res image on the SD Card. You can then just upload that to Kuula.

1 Like

I think you can with kuula

It does in iOS

Resulting pano, with the pretty Litchi logo on ;o)

Ooooo! I’m guessing that’s cool! (No data at Land’s End to view.) I’d been told otherwise.
Great news! :+1: