Local clubs - Cambridge, Gloucestershire

Hi new to club just training with UAV hub anyone local to me. Flying a Mavic 2 pro

The answer to that might depend on others knowing where you’re located? :wink:

The members map might be helpful there too :slight_smile:

That wouldn’t help someone scanning thread titles to decide if they want to bother reading.

Sorry guess I misunderstood, I thought OP was looking for local flyers, hence suggesting the map.

I am in Cambridge Gloucestershire

2 Likes

Title tweaked accordingly. :+1:

Hi Tiggey, I am in Tuffley so not too far from you. I.m new to the club also. Have been flying for about 6 months and am considering the A2 CofC with UAV Hub, so any insight into the experience would be good.

Hi sorry for late reply work is manic at mo no time to do anything. I am still completing my full course mega money but have to finish know. The a2cofc is a lot cheaper. Where do you fly

Cheaper than what @Tiggey ?

I have no idea what you’re training for :man_shrugging:t2: :rofl:

I started the full pfco course before Christmas have to take test if means my large drone can still fly under full entitlement not legacy. It was expensive though

Ahhh right, I see.

Buying a smaller drone would have been the cheaper option :blush:

Good luck with the test and stuff! :+1:t2:

Thanks hopefully we can get out and about soon I am lucky to live next to open fields.
Stay safe

2 Likes

hi Tiggey, i’m just down near Berkeley myself flying a Mavic Air2 and like others considering the A c of C course ( think that’s spelt right ) to allow decent amount of places to fly from next year etc
only been flying for 4 or 5 months, maybe once week if i can allowing for work. like to chat over cup tea sometime maybe discuss places to fly etc. Barry

1 Like

Hi Barry✅I live in Tuffley and fly regularly as I’m retired, I fly DJI Mini 2 & DJI Mavic Air 2 both on BMFA article 16, I can’t do A2 as I have no PC or laptop, I use my mobile for everything!

I’m going to try Selsley common when the wind isn’t as bad, Coaley peak is ok but to many obstacles :flushed:

I also fly local to me on Robinswood Hill, Black Bridge, Randwick park and a few others.

Stay safe fly safe​:+1::wink::sunglasses:

Hi Barry would be good to meet up for a coffee and a chat. I am supposed to be retired but still work 3 to 4 days a week but can normally work around things. I have the mavic pro 2 and the mini 2 but have not flown for months i tend to fly in fields next to me as have the farmers permission. We could meet in slimbridge at the black shed or I don’t mind coming to berkley

LOL, work has that effect doesn’t it, i’d love to be retired but can’t afford it yet and other half won’t let me pack up? work in Avonmouth and do shifts so odd days and hours off but sure we can sort some time for cup tea at the Black Shed at Slimbridge. short notice, i can do tomorrow morning, Monday after midday, then 4ish Wednesday and Thursday. if no good we can sort following week maybe?

Unfortunately not available Tuesday Wednesday Thursday this week work Unfortunately. Can do tomorrow afternoon as suggested but black shed closed Mon Tues Wednesdays leaf and ground dursley is open or if you know somewhere else

Leaf and Ground is good for me, only 10 mins from home. i should be around after 1pm, popping into Bristol first thing. let me know a time that suits and how to recognise you ( flower in button hole maybe LOL ). just kidding, i will be wearing green sleeveless shooting jacket i expect. barry

Hi shall we meet at 2 called out to a breakdown this morning. I have a black ford connect with ladders on top very dirty at mo I will have black work fleece on