Looking for somewhere to go this Sunday 8th August in or around Derbyshire

So, myself and my son will be going to fly my little FPV drone on Sunday. We’re based in Chesterfield.

We’ve been going to a local rugby pitch but it would be great to actually meet up with some other FPV flyers somewhere. We’re both very new to this and it would be good to get more into the social side of FPV.

So, is anything happening near us on Sunday?

3 Likes

Video from our last flight…

2 Likes

Anyone got anything going on this Sunday the 8th around this area @group-fpv @group-dji-fpv

1 Like

Nice video Richard some great control there for newbies :+1:t2:

1 Like

I don’t think the weather will be anywhere near good enough to take a little FPV out this weekend.
Anyway, FPV is the work of the devil and makes you wear very small pink dresses! (See the Big meet up pictures)

2 Likes

ARGH!
You can tell I’m still new…
I forgot to check my UAV forecast app… 31mph gusts… :frowning:

Not just fpv​:rofl::rofl:

I can CATEGORICALLY state that I have NEVER worn a pink tutu in public (private perhaps but never public)

Unfortunately I can’t make the same claims John :grin:

1 Like

Too true, mate, too true!!!

That’s because you don’t fly it like you stole it! :rofl:

1 Like

I’m planning a meet up at willington cooling towers in the coming weeks so keep your eyes peeled in the meet up section :+1:t2:

2 Likes

:eyes:

1 Like

I assume basically looking for suitable weather?

I guess I’ll have to hope it fits in with my very busy schedule… (I have too many hobbies… lol)

3 Likes

Flying a 5 inch freestyle quad, unless its blowing a hurricane I don’t care to much about the wind lol it’s more the rain really. I’m just waiting for a weekend that fits my schedule lol

2 Likes

Well it’ll be a while before I get up to 5", if ever.

I’m just starting to work on a 3". I’m designing the frame from scratch.

1 Like

Weirdly it’s easier to fly a 5 inch than it is a 3!

Once the bug bites you’ll have many in no time😎

2 Likes

With the larger quads I’m mostly concerned about where I can actually fly them. I imagine they’ll be over the 250g A1 limits.

Locations for flying is one reason why I desperately want to meet up with other flyers. It’s all very well learning on my own but I do feel I’m missing something.

Most of the “Where Can I fly my drone?” posts, especially on dronescene, seem to be biased towards the manufactured photo/video taking drone flyers. I’m really in this for the building of the drones. The idea of buying off the shelf really leaves me a bit cold. In addition freestyle interests me a lot more than racing.

Also I came into this through the 3D printing and I’m determined to continue with that. lol.

4 Likes

We all fly extremely lightweight 5 inch drones :zipper_mouth_face:

2 Likes

If you join FPVUK for £20 you can use the Article 16 Authorisation which allows flight of heavier drones with less restrictions (have a read on the website for details) plus it includes £5M public liability insurance :+1:t2: I should add that this only applies for hobbyists not commercial