Looking to buy for event footage, security and fault finding

You’re a genius, Thanks mate.

That would have taken me hours to figure out.

1 Like

Isn’t the Poweregg waterproof? :thinking:

If the DJI drones weren’t capable of enduring a bit of mist and damp, we’d never see ANY drone pics from Yorkshire! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Looks as though it is, however, it says in brackets wizard only whatever that means

I’ve known it snow in May on top of Mountain in Queensbury.

I’m just 20mins East on the A59 from Broughton Hall.

The Mavic Pro/2 would probably suit your needs, and it’s probably the most popular so you won’t be short of a thriving knowledge base.

The PowerEgg X has a water proof option that will protect the drone in the most heavy of downfalls, it’ll even protect it if it becomes submerged. It’s not a popular drone though, I think I might be the only one on this forum who actually owns one.

Can you give details on what you mean by “Fault Finding”?

Regards

Nidge.

2 Likes

There’s also this option:

:grimacing:

dunno anything about them

also @Pterodactyl you can get big bags of silica from the supermarket cat litter make sure its silica tho cos the other type is dirt lol I use this wrapped in a sock to take damp and condensation out of car in winter

I got the ones above from ebay in its early days.
The small sachets make for easy transport and slipping into small spaces in the usual cases for cameras/lenses/drones etc. in varying numbers depending on space and dampness.
And easy to slip into luggage when travelling/flying.
“Excuse me sir, may we look in your case? You seem to be smuggling cat litter! Jail!”
They cost very little.
Easy to re-charge, too.

1 Like

Welcome to the club James you will enjoy it here and you will get great advise, I have seen that some of the guys have said the Mavic will handle mist and fog

I took this last November at 396 ft and yes that is thick fog below my Mavic Pro which started just above my head at 6.50 in the morning.
Hope that answers that question.
Hope you will enjoy your new hobby and will maybe come up and join you for a days flying sometime.

3 Likes

Fault finding would be searching the roofs of our buildings etc for faults on a roof, bird nests etc

Thanks Dave,

I think i’ll have to go deeper into my research.

If the flexibility of your budget allows for multiple purchases I can recommend the Parrot Anafi for such tasks. For wild life use it has the big benefit of being one of, if not the, quietest drones on the market. It also has a lossless digital zoom and the camera can pan vertically over 180 degrees.

I have recently used one of my Anafi’s to inspect a neighbours guttering. Because of the lossless zoom I was able to fly a safe distance from the roof, outside of any ground effect, but still able to provide highly detailed images of the work needed that negated the need for the contractor to do his own inspection on a ladder.

As for birds as I’ve flown over my own roof inspecting some tiles while the local crow, pigeon, blackbird, community have been picking through the moss without even the hint of a flap. Maybe the birds in my neighbourhood are just “Well ‘Ard”? They don’t even give a wotsits about my psychopathic cat that could quite happily kill me in my sleep.

Nidge.

3 Likes

Well the Drone is purchased, now I just need to learn to fly one. Swell Pro 3+

I’M NOT EVEN REMOTELY TERRIFIED BY THE IDEA (HONEST)

5 Likes

Welcome James @JamesB
Will be following your new purchase with interest, hopefully you can post some pictures of the drone, controller, etc.

Am regularly over Ilkley/Skipton visiting family, when C-19 allows.
Happy to meet up, weather permitting.
Just drop me a message
Cheers

2 Likes

Probably the best choice for you needs.

See they do a low light camera for it and price looks reasonable.

2 Likes

PAYLOAD RELEASE!!! :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

Thanks Micky,

I will definitely drop a message when I get out and about.

I’ll also pop some pictures in when I unpack.

I never thought I would be so excited.

2 Likes

Yeah, I ordered one of those too for some night time security and events footage.

I may be spending more time at work than anticipated.

4 Likes

Hi James, so you’ve never flown anything before?
Might I suggest £50 on a small drone and learn/crash that a few times first?

Also is this for recreational flying or business?
Have you registered yet?

Steve

1 Like

I think so too

1 Like