Lost fpv drone

Thanks mate, he clearly doesn’t fly FPV…

1 Like

My Bad did you find it fella

2 Likes

After 6 hours of looking still nothing but put the feelers via Facebook and business card so will have to see…

1 Like

Good luck Nick hope you find it :+1:t2:

1 Like

£400 notes I would be crying :cry: good luck and I mean that I’m not being Pissy

2 Likes

@BigDog yeah man fingers crossed for you pal. Was it the first time flying it? I only say that because I remember the post about you asking for UK FPV retailers. And it wasn’t all that long ago?

Proper bumed out for you man. I’ve been there myself I almost lost my emax tinyhawk as the wind took it and I was in angle mode so didn’t have enough forward pitch to fight the wind and it just took off! I spent a solid 40 minutes looking for it! Luckily I found it in the end but I know exactly how easy it is to lose it. And as you’ve got goggles on you don’t see where it lands. So makes it 1000x harder to find it.

Really hope you find it man.

1 Like

Ayiyiyi

Sorry for your loss…

Look at it this way… Someone may find it and become intrigued and take up the hobby!?

Silver lining…?

Thanks mate proper gutted and yah it was.

Been flying camera drones for an age but totally underestimated the fpv, really make you appreciate people like Josh Bardwell and how easy they make it seem…

Tough lesson learnt i feel but there are a lot of eyes and ears out there so may strike luky but weather’s closing in so probably knackered if it was found…

Thanks for the support…

2 Likes

Cheers buddy :+1:

@Steviegeek is the expert on self powered buzzers. They can be heard from across the channel for days :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

If it ejected the battery then it should dry off just fine if you do find it. The issue will be if it gets wet with current still flowing then the water could short something out and fry a board but would still be fixable would just need what ever blew replaced. So fingers crossed it shows up mate.

1 Like

Hope you find it, I lost my drone, it was a self-build with my own flight controller, had a software issue and became laggy and not responsive. it was about to disappear behind some large trees so it shut the throttle down, at first nothing but then it came straight down. I searched for ages but no joy, came home to check the GPS data and realised I was searching in the wrong spot and I had the last GPS coordinates! went back but still can’t find it, even had others out with drones looking but nothing. Still gutted :cry: I recon someone must have picked it up :sob: Keep looking hopefully if someone does find it they will return it.

1 Like

I think its thrown its battery as it has a beeper on board and lights also but couldn’t hear anything last night …

I hear you mate if its gone down in someone’s garden I think it will end up on feabay …

2 Likes

You could try posing a notice in local shop windows and offer a small reward. Its a long shot but you never know.

2 Likes

There is an app called NEXTDOOR which is locally base, you enter your address, or in your case an address where the drone went down. Once you have registered you can then put up a post for help.
Just be careful wording it, as we know some folks are paranoid about drones.
Used to use it here until the trolls got on board.

Ok cheers mate

@BigDog keep a look out on Faceache market place too, or local buying and selling pages on FB.

1 Like

Well it been over a week now, iv knocked on door,advertised on facebook and searched high and low but no luck in finding my Protek 25…

But they say there is a silver lining to every cloud.

Whilst out for a final look round I popped into my local COOP for some milk, whist there I purchased a scratch card which I don’t normally do.

On scratching it off I discovered I won £500, so happy days iv just ordered a new quad, and now looking at some flight simulators for practicing on…

11 Likes

And a £10 gps puck :laughing:

4 Likes