Lulworth , Cove , Corfe castle , Durdel Door - Added to Coastal Scenery in South West

I have just added this to the map of places to fly your drone at Drone Scene - Location # 213

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyuloeFNd88

Land owner permission requirements unknown.

4 Likes

LOL. Try suggesting to someone in Dorset that they’re in the “South East region” of the UK. :wink:

Nice vid!

2 Likes

Just pointing out that Lulworth Estate state that drones can not be flown on their land, this includes Lulworth Cove and Durdle Door. This now stated on their website under services.
Not sure if this includes if you fly on the foreshore which is owned by the crown estate

Just as well it’s a drone then as its perfectly legal to fly over. Just keep an eye out for any airspace restrictions at the time of flight.

Don’t let them bully or scare you out of flying over there @NamuOrca

1 Like

Thats a quality video what a great place that is, :+1:

Good video but the horizon issue needs sorting!

Hubby and I have a few days booked that way in mid Feb, we booked it hoping to get some fly time in around there. You guys have give us a bit of confidence to go a bit further.

Went last weekend to Corfe Castle. There are two hills either side of the castle. East Hill and West hill. East Hill the NT do not own, so you can launch your drone from there for some really nice shots. West Hill they own upto the trig point, but can still get nice views of Poole Harbour.
They did ask when I enquired where I could use my drone to not fly over the castle itself, which I respected, but you can get near to it.

1 Like