M2p camera non responsive

Out early this morning to catch my first sunrise by drone, not been out for a while so charged everything yesterday ready.
Problem, when I powered on I had a message “app error” needs calibrating, so ok I calibrated the drone, then some random message about having to be registered witch I cancelled.
Started flight and went to 150’ then I realised I had no camera control ( up, down, left or right) checked setting but all seemed ok.
Is this down to IMU calibration or something else, any ideas guys?
No camera control other than point the drone.
I also noted horizon very tilted?
Will post pics soon ( when I’ve thawed out :snowman_with_snow:)

1 Like

Rob, I’m assuming the GO4 app?

Did you calibrate the gimbal?

Have you changed camera mode in the app to be in some other weird and wonderful mode?

Do you have Litchi? Does that work?

I had something similar on my M2Z on a recent flight: same messages on the app, calibrated the compass, flew, could pilot the drone but not take any photos/video. Landed it, switched off and back on, and the problem had disappeared.

1 Like

yes @PingSpike Rich, go 4 app, wasn’t using litchi even though I have it,
no didn’t calibrate gimble and thinking about it when I powered up the drone it was on quite a slope on the hill :thinking: maybe that could have affected angle?
will check it all out in the garden and calibrate everything (when it warms up a bit) :rofl:
posting a few pics now, theres also one with quite a large red blob in that I need to figure out.

1 Like

@kvetner didn’t try off and on again, was too frozen by then :grimacing:
going to check it all later

Maybe worth checking the flight logs but I’ve just been back through my problem flight on AirData and not seen anything that would explain the issue I had.

1 Like

Presumably the register “nag” was DJI reminding you that in the UK you need to register drone ownership and yourself for flying? I have had that almost every time on M2P and Air since registration day. Not on Anafi I don’t think.

Could the camera be tested in the house with props off via GO 4? Photograph your walls ceiling and floor! Don’t know whether that is possible but a hell of sight warmer if you can.

Hi Rob

did you boot up with the gimbal cover on? I did that once and got a warning message the the gimbal was unresponsive, I rebooted and was ok.

:blush: :blush:
Checked it all out, problem was down to me being a dumbass! :face_with_monocle:
Have previously been playing about with camera settings and somehow had the gimble start on slowest setting, so of course when I turned the wheel on controller it took ages for it to start moving making me think there was no control .
All sorted and works fine now. ( live and learn!) :rofl: :rofl:

3 Likes

@robwakefield99 we have a voluntary Plonker badge for just such occasions.

Would you like to accept it? :smiley:

:astonished:
If I’m in the wrong and can’t wriggle out of it I’ll hold my hands up and accept taking the blame, :face_with_hand_over_mouth: :rofl: :rofl:
Go on then! Just for giggles,I’m a bit short of badges

1 Like

Taken like a true gent :rofl:

Welcome to a rather exclusive club :blush:

1 Like

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
I feel totally overwhelmed by this honor.

2 Likes

I love how you can check out the posts that earned others the Plonker badge

My favourite still has to be @PingSpike’s

:rofl:

2 Likes

Dammit!

Will I never live that one down?!

I know, I know… shoulda gone to Specsavers :nerd_face:

:rofl:

1 Like

That was the first one I read too. Hehehe

2 Likes