Manchester city centre, Christmas Day 2021

What better chance to fly in the city than when it is nearly empty?

This first set are Manchester Central Library, Town Hall, Midland Hotel, and St Peter’s Square.

26 Likes

And these are taken from St Ann’s Square, showing the Royal Exchange Theatre, Corn Exhange, Exchange Square etc.

27 Likes

Fantastic quality pictures looks amazing not any people about, great time to go, :+1:

2 Likes

Great shots.

1 Like

great shots, can i ask what time you took them lol. looks very empty?

1 Like

About 11am. Very quiet indeed. I might pop back on New Year’s Day!

2 Likes

Super quality photo’s, I have just bought the DJI Mavic Air 2

1 Like

Some fantastic shots there @kvetner, all the best for the holiday season and keep those images coming!

1 Like

Nicely done!

1 Like

Amazing images @kvetner this year is the first I have never been out on Xmas day, weather looked ok for you it was not so good Stockport way fingers crossed for New years day
All the best wishes

1 Like

Great photos, can I ask what drone you are flying to get such clear photos

DJI Mini 2.

2 Likes

Very nice set there young man :grinning::clap:

Wouldn’t be the same if I did my home time :laughing::laughing:

Great pics in Manchester.

Please don’t think this a personal attack as I have flown in all the same places many times.

When you fly in Manchester DJI fly app asks you to except high risk area warning. But if you look on drone scene its a flight restricted area but the description is very vague as to why. I can only think its for HMP Manchester but no other prisons have an exclusion zone.

Other prisons do, see for example the prisons at Frankland and Durham.

They all come from the Restriction of Flying (Prisons) Regs, see:

You’ll see from that link that this applies only to helicopters, it isn’t relevant to drones.

2 Likes

Thank god for that. I love flying in Manchester with my mini2.

1 Like