Manual land Mavic Air

As always Ian, top class analysis of you flight, and the do’s and don’ts of flying.
I always think of your “Dover Day” when I am that way and wonder if anyone ever found your drone.

2 Likes

Thanks for such a detailed reply Ian, very much apreciated.

1 Like

Thanks @ianinlondon it’s good to here the reasons that go with the original video and the do’s and don’ts
For new and experienced (ok we all make mistakes) flyers

1 Like

@ianinlondon everything happened to you happened to me with my Mavic, yours was Dover cliffs mine was a Lough Erne viewpoint.

I actually contacted you via you YouTube channel for suggestions on trackers and know I have one fitted on my flights and also my mobile and name printed on the base.

It be great if there was a design that has a separate trackering system on a drone that uses its own battery’s so gave more time to locate or if found a emergency button to phone a mobile like the one I’ve fitted to the side.

1 Like

The Find My Drone function usually does the job, but in some cases, you’re right, a separate mini battery / tracker is the best way to find it when it’s all gone wrong…
And I too have my number & email printed on my drones now; still got a bit of faith in people :grinning:
Ian

1 Like

Quite True Ian!,
The ones I like are the “wanted ads” for remote controllers, batteries, chargers !.
Some may be genuine, but my bet is ,it’s some lucky git who has found a drone somewhere, and wants to try his luck in getting it airborne !.
And I have seen a few of them over the last couple of years (adverts that is) !.

I have a cunning plan if ever I lose my drone.
I place an ad on Gumtree, for a free unwanted remote control for my particular drone.
Chances are, assuming they haven’t travelled many miles, the scrote who comes to pick it up will be the one who found my pride and joy.
Only a theory BTW.

Great in theory, but I would have my reservations with that.
I would say buy a lottery ticket, you would stand more chance !!:wink:

2 Likes