Master Airscrew (MAS) stealth props for DJI Mavic 2

Any thoughts on these please

2 Likes

Have heard good and bad about these generally,most appear positive. I Like the look of these,but have always stuck with buying genuine DJI props. that’s not to say i will not at some point,buy a set and try them out. i believe they are more robust then the DJI ones,and flight time “may” be very slightly different.
:+1: :+1: :+1: :wink:

Not too long ago I purchased a couple of sets of Master Airscrew Props for my 3DR Iris Plus.

On the positive side they’re nicely packaged, they come with their very own little sleeping bag. Slightly quieter and appear to provide slightly more thrust than the originals.

On the not so positive side the tips are very thin and brittle. A couple of them have already broken when they got slightly snagged by the foam in the the Iris flight case. This is probably not an issue with the Mavic as the props fold but possibly something to be wary of if you land in tall grass and such.

Nidge.

Thanks for your feedback Tony, I’m considering these but wondering if it may effect my insurance :thinking:

Thanks for that Nidge, you can bend DJI props double before they break. Makes me think again before buying them🤔 Cheers mate👍

2 Likes

You’re welcome Frank, but this is just my experience. The props for my Iris are 10inch or 11inch and fixed. You may not have the same experience with the Mavic props as they’re hinged and shorter. I do like the MA props on my Iris, I just need to be more gentle and empathetic towards them.

Nidge.

1 Like

I have bought a set for my Mavic 2. They do seem slightly quieter. I can’t say I have noticed a big difference in performance. Colours look good though!

3 Likes

Likewise, I think they’re noticeably quieter. I’ve got the white pair on at the moment and think they stand out more too. I’m quite taken by them. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Here’s a way of looking at it: a pair of genuine DJI props is £11, so £22 for the set. Is the funky orange worth an extra £6.99?

(hint: yup, definitely :wink: )

2 Likes

I’ve just put a set on my Mavic 2 Pro. I did notice a slight difference in the sound and they do look great in orange.

2 Likes

I wander if i could save ÂŁ6.99 and just paint my DJI props orange??? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

4 Likes

I’ve read a review on Amazon where a screw came out of the prop and cost him his drone as it fell out of the sky

I’m a bit nervous but I’ve ordered some Master Air Screw props for my M2 Zoom

Did you order a box of plasters too? In case a gust of wind catches them while the drone is switched off?

3 Likes

Your not helping my nerves Rich I’m a bit apprehensive about putting none DJI props on as it is. Wish someone who’s used them for a long time would reassure me. :woozy_face:

I’ve been using these on my M2P since they came out and I’ve had no issues with them.

1 Like

Had them on for months and they’re fine. Orange looks great too

1 Like

Oh thanks Ted & Lee for the reassurance the thing that was worrying me is a review on Amazon that says one of the screws came out whereas DJI’s are riveted on and crashed the drone as a result.

Just got home from work and just had my first flight with them and have to say they do seem much quieter.

I do hope they are genuine MAS props though🤔 they are a Pale orange compared to the pictures, I did order them off the MAS Amazon page.

1 Like

Been using them on my M2P with no problems. They are easier to see as well.

3 Likes

Thanks for your feedback Chris, Appreciate it mate