Mavic 2 Enterpise Firmware Update includes ATTI Mode

Just heard that the Mavic 2 Enterprise has an update of it’s firmware to include ATTI Mode.
Hopefully they will do it to the Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom (please DJI !)!

Firmware update for DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise

Overview:

• Date: 2020.01.15
  • Mavic 2 Enterprise Aircraft Firmware: v01.01.0640
  • Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual Aircraft Firmware: v01.01.0640
  • Remote Controller Firmware: v01.01.0410
  • DJI Pilot App Android: v1.7.0
  • DJI Pilot App iOS: v1.1.3

What’s new for the DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise?

• Added Panorama mode for the visual camera of the Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual
  • Users can now switch the flight mode to ATTI mode manually

Notes:

• If you need to update new firmware, it is recommended to use DJI Pilot app on Android system.
  • The update is only supported for Android system, DJI Pilot app v1.7.0 is required.
  • If the update fails, restart aircraft, remote controller, and DJI Pilot or DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic and retry.
4 Likes

Have to say,Chris,that that is one thing i can never understand,why DJI do not give us the option of ATTI mode,i would use that a hell of a lot !!! :+1: :+1: :thinking:

1 Like

Good spot Chris!

1 Like

I miss fun of ATTI

1 Like

Heres hoping

1 Like

Me nether Tony, I use it all the time with my P3/4, it’s nice to have a switch on the controller, so I can do it when I want.
Also great for noobies to get use to how a drone handles without GPS.

1 Like

It just popped up as news, on my phone, otherwise I would not have known about it !.
I gather that “A Forum” bugged DJI to do it, from what I gather.
Surely if it can be done on the Enterprise version, it’s should be possible on any of their drone range?.
or, am I reading to much into it.
Having said that the Enterprise version uses the DJI Pilot App.

I know the Mavic 2 can be switched into ATTI Mode with a hack, so it is possible.
The downside is it replaces Sport Mode.

1 Like

I think it should be a menu option, where by you can assign flight modes to different positions.
So you could have, sport, position, and ATTI, or tripod, position, ATTI in the order you want.

1 Like

I cannot see why it cannot be incorporated into the menu so that it can be selectable via the side switch or even the back buttons on the controller.
Looking at giving the hack a try to see what’s involved.

1 Like

I enabled ATTI mode on my Spark for two reasons.

1. I hate the robotic flight characteristics when using GPS, it’s much nicer to have a controlled deceleration than an abrupt anchors on.

2. The Spark was notorious for confusing compass and GPS errors and spazzing out, sometimes never to be seen again. At least with a switchable ATTI mode I can bypass the GPS and Compass influence if such a problem should arise.

Regards

Nidge.

I’d assume that Atti mode will not provided to the Mavic 2 as it’s meant to be a fly out of the box quad that a novice can pick up use without incident. As a fair number of people fly relying on the GPS assistance systems, I reccon that providing Atti mode would most likely see a large number of crashed quads.

The Enterprise version has probably been equipped with Atti mode it as it’s designed to be an ultra portable working quad for persons with some experience in flying.

The flight characteristics in ATTI mode are the same as if in GPS mode. Self stabilisation and self levelling still works the same, sometimes the rate or amount of pitch and roll might be increased a little. The primary difference is that the craft will not try to maintain its position when stationary and instead will drift in the direction the wind is blowing.

Some confusion exists as some would refer to ATTI as Manual Mode, when Manual Mode usually refers to no GPS assistance and no self levelling, allowing the craft to flip on the pitch and roll axis.

If you’re comfortable flying a toy grade quadcopter, or one without GPS, you’d have no issue flying any DJI model in ATTI mode, whether that be the Mavic Mini or the Matrice.

Regards

Nidge.

2 Likes

I understand the difference, I generally fly racing quads in rate mode. My thoughts are that a lot of people who fly Mavics and that DJI aimd the Mavic at can’t compensate for drift i so would most likely kill their quad.

1 Like

I agree to a point, but, I bet there are a lot of people on here who would want ATTI Mode, me for one.
It is always good to be given the option of being able to switch between the two modes.
If you have not got the brains ,or patience to read the manual on what ATTI switching does, then yes, you are going to pile your prize possession into a tree, etc.
Still think having the option ,rather than not is better.
I have been use to being able to switch on several of my early DJI Drones, was pissed when they dropped the option, they were ALL supposedly “Fly from the Box”

2 Likes

Don’t get me won’t, I agree wholeheartedly that Atti would be great. You get far smoother videos from using it and no abrupt stopping.

1 Like

I only get hard braking if I let go of the sticks,
I try to reduce forward motion gradually like easing off the accelerator in the car.

1 Like

I can almost stand my MP on end (.700 super sport enabled) going from full towards to full reverse.

I think the option to have it is sadly overlooked by DJI, what next , no sat lock no fly ?

They added this to the Mavic Mini on the v01.00.0400 firmware update :roll_eyes:

Thankfully user-switchable (currently).

1 Like

And there lies the problem.

With the Mavic and similar spec’d drones you don’t actually fly them but instead push them to your wanted location. Altitude, throttle, position hold, are all autonomous. In the event that one of these crutches fail the user has little to no hope of taking control unless the feature(s) can be bypassed and they have basic unassisted flight skills. A common problem is a badly calibrated compass or one that misbehaves to unwanted interference. When this happens the operator is left fighting to take control over the drones decisions as it decides what heading it wants to fly in. True ATTI mode bypasses the GPS and Compass decisions allowing the operator full control. The APM/Pixhawk can go a step further by bypassing the barometer if there are also problems with altitude control.

I’m not wishing to sound elitist but it should be common sense to acquire a basic knowledge of how these craft work before racing off to Curry’s with your debit card. I once offered a Mavic owner the chance to fly one of my larger hex’s unfortunately he started to freak out before even arming the craft because the throttle control did not self centre.

It used to be the norm to advise would be owners to start with a basic cheap quadcopter just to get used to the controls and flying different patterns LOS, especially nose in. Relying on auto return to home when you lose orientation is just delaying the inevitable crash and/or loss of your investment.

Unfortunately, and this seems primarily a masculine trait, it’s in our nature to show over inflated bravado so as not to been seen splashing in the kiddy pool. I’ve witnessed a few instances of novice pilots at our club purchasing the wrong plane as their first model. More often than not it’s a Spitfire, in one or two cases it has been a 6cell EDF Sport Jet, because they were put off by the sensible choice of a purpose made “Trainer” because it said Trainer on the plane.

Regards

Nidge.