Mavic 2 firmware and app updates

Arghh the old firmware mismatch message :wink:

Chances are, if I were try to do an update now (fat chance!) it wouldn’t know how to make such a leap.
It would be like trying to convert a steam loco to run on electricity. :rofl:

4 Likes

Mine did a controller, drone and fly safe database the other day whilst I was out, but!
Having read through this thread I thought I’d check and yep drone, controller And batteries are updated to latest.
I think part of the batterie update was to allow change of time to discharge and my one batterie says 5 days to discharge and the other 2 say 10 days to discharge, but I now have the option to change it, what the limit is I don’t know! Didn’t check.
So as far as I can see mines fully up to date.

I have upgraded but it’s done absolutely nothing to fix the shit weather.

5 Likes

You have to change your camera setting from cloudy to sunny and it works mate. :sunglasses:

6 Likes

Did anyone update yet?

Overview:

• Date: 2020.07.07
  • Aircraft Firmware: v01.00.0670
  • DJI GO 4 App iOS: v4.3.37
  • DJI GO 4 App Android: v4.3.36

What’s New?

• Increased operating time of remote controller when using in low-temperature environments.
  • Updated auto discharge default settings to two days.
  • Fixed occasional issue: gimbal was unbalanced after self check. Use gimbal auto calibration in DJI GO 4 to fix this issue.
  • Fixed issue: obstacle avoidance switch was unavailable when using MSDK.
  • Increased the maximum transmission distance: 10 km (FCC), 6 km (CE/MIC/SRRC).
3 Likes

I’ve updated the remote but haven’t updated the drone itself yet mainly because it didn’t have enough charge

Thanks for that… just updated drone and standard controller,smart controller already at correct DJI GO 4 version… :+1: :+1:

1 Like

I know that some people say don’t update but I always do. Companies don’t just bring out updates to software for the fun of doing so, it’s normally to patch bugs etc!

1 Like

… and introduce new bugs. :wink:

DJI introduced a version of GO4 a couple of years ago, and withdrew it about 24 hours later, because of an “issue”, and a recommendation to delete and reinstall the previous version which were made available again on the stores.

GO4 updates are also often because of new/imminent models, and models other than your own, so zero need to update.

Likewise, for some of the earlier models where no further firmware updates will ever happen, “new awesome features” are nigh on impossible too. So, as Go4 gets larger, and compatibility with your current device might become problematic, again there is little point in updating through every version.

Chances are, for those that have it, validity of PL insurance is the most significant reason to update, or for some new awesome feature you can’t live without.

Horses for courses. :horse::racehorse:

2 Likes

So I decided to give drone-hacks a try, was using nld but they seem to have just evaporated.

Latest firmware on M2 and FCC boost works with zero issues :slight_smile:

Yep, followed immediately by the usual frustration of checking which of the settings have reverted to default. Interesting time resetting maximum height and maximum distance after this update - that one took several attempts as it kept reverting to 500m height/5000m distance.

Indeed. Mostly updated because it keeps me compliant with my Ops Manual…

1 Like

You could always change that part of the ops manual to : " … and updates can just fuck off!" … and ensure that they comply. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Ive never had any settings change during updates.

1 Like

Really? Happens to me most times, to the point I treat an update ike a potential factory reset and check EVERYTHING.

Wonder what’s different. iOS and M2P?

2 Likes

Yep always used ios… just got a smart controller tho but even this update i tested with my ipad.

Very weird. This time it was the setting to enable the switch for multiple flight-modes, the maximum altitude and the maximum distance. They’ve all been reset before, along with RTH altitude, sensitivity settings and gimbal speed.

I’d assumed it was pretty standard to have to check every setting after every firmware upgrade. Is it really just me? :frowning:

1 Like

No i doubt it. Out of the millions that do update there will be a few that have their settings reset which is why they tell us to check, you must be one of those special people :wink:

1 Like

My mum always says I’m special :wink: