Mavic 2, not mini or air the proper one, battery

The wife has been ill for a few weeks (still is but it’s a long story and I can’t be arsed typing about it.)so haven’t flown. Anyway, I thought I better check on my squadron this morning as may get a chance to fly this weekend. I put one of the batteries on charge. Nothing. Put it on the other charger. Nothing. Lights lit up when testing level of charge and when on the multi-charger the charger flashed yellow. Put another battery on charge no problems, so I thought oh bollocks a dead battery.
So put it in the drone connected up to see if its a firmware issue. No thats upto date.
Take it out of the the drone, put back on the charger, it’s now happily charging.
:+1::+1::+1:

2 Likes

Interestingly I had a similar issue with the mini (original) batteries earlier in the week even though they are not LiPo. They have not been in the charger for a good while and wouldn’t charge at all. I kept trying with no luck but eventually after removing them from the multi charger, letting them stand a while then making my last attempt, one started to charge then the others followed and all went to full capacity. Not sure why that happened.

Strange problem. Dodgy/dirty contact on the battery ??

Glad you got it sorted though and thanks for sharing - never know when a little bit of info like that will come in useful :+1: :+1: :+1:

Could it have gone into hibernation mode?

I can only use my Spark as a reference but I recently bought an extra battery for it. Bare in mind that Spark batteries have been out of production for well over a year now so the ones being offered for sale now will have been collecting dust for a very long time. Now this battery, to all intents and purposes appeared dead. Put it on a charger? Nothing. This is because the battery had to be reactivated, in the case of the Spark this meant plugging the battery into any active USB device.

The Anafi batteries are similar but the required amount of inactive time to trigger hibernation is very much shorter. Again to reawaken them they have to be connected to an active USB device.

Nidge.

2 Likes

Possibly, but it was showing 3 lights as in storage mode before I even tried charging. :thinking::thinking: