DJI Mavic 3 & Classic - Rumours, leaks, gossip and general discussion

CMOS as opposed to CCD might be a consideration too. They use less power. Downside they aren’t as sensitive so higher ”pixel” count needed.
Canon were always the CMOS kings I believe. Me I was a Nikon man.
As you say dynamic range to me is more important than billions of pixels.
Point taken about size. This was my thoughts too.
We’ve had two incarnations of the Mavic in its current design. Phantom is on 4. If that’s anything to go by the majority of changes will be internal with more sensors and a better camera.
I can almost visualise a rail above the camera with pin connections where the cameras slide on and off though.
Bigger motors, longer legs, larger battery and you have the ability to carry a bigger camera. We shall see soon enough. Roll on September lol.

1 Like

Unless they go for OIS. optical image stabilising. Then the gimbal as such gone and more room for bigger camera.
Could well end up with something like a hero session style unit. The electronics in the body and the lens unit on a slide in platform.

1 Like

I found this on the web

2 Likes

Interesting bits and bobs ,this one allegedly from Osita lv…
yes i know speculation,but, sometimes it has been surprisingly accurate… :wink: :wink: :wink:
note the possible new configuration of the props and folding mechanism…

1 Like

That’s a Mavic 2 badly photo shopped over an inspire.

It even has Mavic 2 decals on the arms :rofl:

4 Likes

VERY badly lol.

3 Likes

interesting though,that DJI has a new patent for this folding mechanism …? hmm :wink: :wink:

1 Like

yes! agree VERY badly done! but an interesting concept,for a mavic 3 to carry a bigger,and better camera…?

2 Likes

Moved your post here. See above.

I see from the 1st July all the retailers have bumped up the Zoom prices back to retail

Moved your post over to the thread you started about Mavic pricing.

September 26th was the latest bit of gossip I heard for the MP3.
Ideal design I’ve decided is 8ft long. 4ft wide. Four huge props. Tech wise it will carry one person (this gets around VLOS).
Radar jamming.
A weapons system consisting of missiles that can take out a seagull.
Safety system includes an inflatable Zorb for any pending crash or collision.
Camera will be whatever you want fitted to the Ronin mounted underside. (Ronin supplied as standard).
Intelligent flight modes will also include all the existing ones plus,
Pose mode (hover stationary 20ft above ground).
Roller Coaster. (Simulated roller coaster ride from a number of pre programmed coasters around the world).
Raging bull (if you don’t feel like flying then you can hover 5ft above ground a experience the bull simulators found at fair grounds and mad stag parties).
Finally DJI care will include medical insurance for pilot.

6 Likes

I would buy that just for the missile system to take out seagulls

3 Likes

:+1: yes please for the anti seagull weapons!

3 Likes

Hope it has a good RTH will be very handy,when returning from the pub… :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

I think that something along the same size as an MA2 with a 1" Hasselblad sensor will be the new M3P

1 Like

Would that not make it the MA3 then? :blush:

1 Like

MA3P :wink:

1 Like

Is no one thinking they need to go 6K or 8K to out-spec the Evo 2 now? :man_shrugging:

1 Like