Mavic 2 Pro and Mavic 2 Zoom Chat

I was a beta tester for the Karma, what a massive shame they didn’t concentrate as much on the flying part as they did the camera bit.

I had high hopes for it, being a massive fan of GoPro kit.

DJI product development team, thinking about hot-swappable cameras:

1. Release two products, creating massive worldwide demand…check
  2. Wait 18 months
  3. Release new version with hot swappable unit.
2 Likes

Hopefully they don’t read this forum and steal our ideas. :wink:

Bet they are owned by Apple

1 Like

Sound like there sales model

I think a Mavic that includes a date with Gal Gadot would be good.

1 Like

At them prices yep

1 Like

New M2P currently on charge.

First impression is it seems really well built. It feels like a premium product just like the MP.

The gimbal is solid when powered on and you can tilt the mavic at any angle almost without it shuddering. Even powered off it just seems much more robust than previous.

The leather case is brilliant. One for MP was a bit tight for my liking but DJI have really nailed it with this one.

Felt a bit strange updating the GO4 app on IPad it took me so long to downgrade but all done and ready to go.

Only disappointment I have is that they didn’t do anything about that stupid rectangular micro usb on RC even though aircraft now uses USB-C.

Took a quick sample video of H.265 hand held to see what editing will be like.

It’s a bit of a nightmare in Premiere, the software just does not seem optimised for this codec.
I could convert all footage to an edit friendly format before but bit of a hassle.

Going to try Resolve 15 later as heard it has better optimisation for H.265.

Off to take some pics

2 Likes

The one for the MP was ridiculously tight! Glad that’s been sorted.

:+1:

Ill uploads some better photos after my first flight. Messed up the focus on these and cant be bother taking them again :rofl:

And yes, that is sunshine in Scotland

7 Likes

Looks the mutts nuts ! @callum

1 Like

This is the DLOG-M LUT I’m going to try first.

Free to download.

I never knew there was “cold” sunshine! #LearnSomethingEveryDay. :+1:

I’m really very happy I’ve not ordered one, though. (Financially, that is! :wink: )

Now - how can you mute someone on this forum …… ah - there it is … :see_no_evil::hear_no_evil::speak_no_evil:

3 Likes

Maybe we should have a “I’m on a budget” profile setting that filters out posts likely to make you spend money.

2 Likes

That’s like everything here and for all my hobbies! LOL

1 Like

Speaking of cold, it was 5 degrees last night at around 3AM.

It’s still bloody August!

1 Like

Had a 5C down here last week one night, too!
I even succumbed to porridge for breakfast! IN AUGUST! :open_mouth:

1 Like

Another difference in M2P.

No precision landing! Instead of using vision and GPS it’s purely GPS.

No idea why DJI removed it.

I always land manually but have turned off landing protection so if fail safe RTH kicks in it will return and hover.

1 Like

Thanks Callum nice to see and hear of your successful purchase
hope you have months of fun till the next new thing catches your eye :grinning:

2 Likes

Had time for quick test of camera. These are with camera set to auto, normal colour profile and RAW files exported from lightroom. Manual focus set to infinity. A bit over saturated but not bad for out of the box.

Need to play around with settings but straight away I can see the detail in foliage where would not have previously.

4 Likes