Mavic 2 Pro and Mavic 2 Zoom Chat

I’ll check

Not much clearance but the M2P props do fit on the MP

That means you can get these for it. :ok_hand:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/For-DJI-Mavic-2-Zoom-Pro-Low-Noise-LED-Propeller-Blades-Night-Fly-Accessories/352446701411?hash=item520f75df63:m:mEV5DfQ4tz6EqFBn5ZCihaw

What’s this I hear that the m2 hasn’t got precision landing? You guys tried it out yet?
Hoping dji are going to sort it out with firmware

1 Like

I think it’s just not included or planned.

There’s a post on Mavic 2 Pro and Mavic 2 Zoom Chat about it …

1 Like

A lot of theories as to why its not included.

Some people think DJI have left out a lot of functionality and will drip feed through firmware updates. Reason for this could be to let the hackers find exploits which they can then patch and entice everyone to new firmware with new features.

Who knows

Are the sensors and downward camera there? Can’t implement what isn’t there.

I always land my Mavic myself but thought having all the technology they would of kept it.

One thing that’s different is the M2P does not have ultrasonic sensors on bottom.

You also have all the extra rear, bottom, side and top sensors. It could be the processing of all the added data from these sensors just doesn’t leave enough headroom for something like precision landing as well.

Only time will tell.

2 Likes

We can’t have it all hey

I’ve used precision landing so few times I wouldn’t miss it.
Used it the first time to see how well it works … and it landed back on a small picnic table without a problem.
I think every other time has been to show someone how frigging awesome the MP is.
I tend to walk as I fly, rarely land back where I took off, so my main thought is to keep resetting Home to where I am. The rare occasion that I use RTH (usually just lazy and let it do what I could do just as easy) I kill when it’s overhead and land manually anyway.

1 Like

Yeah definitely not something I’m going to miss.

With the MP I always landed manually and had landing protection off so if it did failsafe it would just come back and hover at 2m.

There is only one thing that’s annoying me about the M2P and that is lens distortion.

With video, any colour profile other than normal suffers from a curved horizon getting worse when moving to top of frame.

Its clearly a bug as not present in normal colour profile and JPG’s.

Hopefully they fix it soon

You can see it in this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKOtIYu5s54

GOSH! Yeah … some massive barrel distortion in that! :open_mouth:

Not GoPro3 massive … but in comparison to MP

1 Like

0:53s is the normal colour profile and the horizon is perfectly flat.

Definitely a bug

The question is …. is the “normal” profile actually “processed” to be normal and straight. The others may actually be the accurate pixel layout and (in that respect) unprocessed.
Hence, lens correction needed.
An interesting one.

Let me tag @m2bfx into this with his wavey horizons on the Air.
We’re talking M2P here, but is the problem the same for you on all colour profiles?

Yes, Id say the normal profile has lens correction added and its just missing on others.

The DNG images have the same distortion while JPGs are corrected.

Lightroom automatically corrects the distortion on DNGs.

I can apply lens correction to video with premiere but have just switched to Resolve and it should really be corrected in camera

Then I’m wondering if it will be corrected.
RAW is a direct sensor pixel to file pixel relationship. If you do a lens correction then you no longer have RAW.
Perhaps same on video, too.
As annoying as it is, it also makes some real sense.

Yeah, I understand it not being corrected on DNGs, lens corrections are par for the course when dealing with RAW files.
I think the MP has lens correction applied to DNG which I always found strange.

The video however is not RAW video, its processed and compressed. It really should have the lens correction applied in device.

They’ve applied lens correction for Normal profile, makes no sense to no apply it to HLG and DLOG-M as well.

Just minimising artifacts.

Bigger shame they couldn’t develop a better lens … seeing as it has a Hasselblad name above it.

Hey - back in the celluloid day it was 12 hours in the darkroom to try and improve barrel distortion on just one pic!
This really isn’t a problem! It’s just a “First World Problem”. :wink: LOL!!

1 Like