Mavic 2 sensor range

can I adjust the safe range for the sensors , in dji go its set to 6ft and I just want to reduce it temporarily
can anyone help

1 Like

Can you not just disable temporarily? :thinking: trust yourself :wink:

2 Likes

Sports mode?

2 Likes

im trying to use active tracking , and walking along paths with over hanging trees as close as I can get possibly 3 ft, active track doesn’t work in sports mode

1 Like

Can you activate active track in tripod mode? I believe you can get closer to things in tripod mode before the sensors moan :thinking:

no unfortunately no modes are available in anything but p mode. I will just have to live with it

1 Like

I just thought I had miss something obvious , thank all

1 Like

:wink:

Insta360 and a pole is what you need ;o)

3 Likes

To the best of my knowledge, the sensor range isn’t changeable.

The reason being, it needs to be able to avoid things from max speed in normal (non-sport) mode … so that distance is a constant.

… NOT that I’ve ever tried to see if you can fly at max speed towards a brick wall and if it will stop in time. :wink:

2 Likes

I have tried it flying towards my self at full speed and it stops, but It wont move back if you walk towards it.
it was in p mode

Braver man than me ! :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

It’s when you realize you left it in sports mode :man_facepalming:t4:

2 Likes

does not bear thinking about !! :ambulance:

1 Like

1 Like

it was a bit frightening , but it stopped , so that ok. ijust going through and finding what it can and cant do.

Do you use Litchi at all?

yep I have it on my I pad

They do another “Add on” app - Litchi Magic Leash - which enables tracking by GPS, rather than visual.

I’ve only ever used it with that app running on a second phone that my friend takes in his car … this to get a video of him driving the car.
I stand by the road to monitor and override if needed in emergency. (Not needed to date!).

I’ve only ever used it to track in one direction, never going one way and then back in the reverse direction, so I’m not 100% (not 5%, actually) sure how it tracks the other way. As in - does the drone turn to follow or maintain camera heading and fly backwards.

Might be worth looking at.

Still doesn’t reduce the sensor range, of course.

If you decide to try it, probably an open field is the best place to try at first. :+1:

I really must get out and play with that app some more. Only ever used twice, so far from fully geeked up on it.

1 Like

OH,go on Dave,you know you want to !!! would certainly be entertaining for us to watch !!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: